Changing Headunit.

Niko

Reaction score
Im a complete fool when it comes to wiring/electrics of any kind, so please bear with me in my stupidity...

When I bought my T-reg A3, it came with (i assume) an aftermarket JVC tape player headunit. I tried to fit my Sony CD player in its place, but the connections that plug into the back are different.

I visited my local halfords, and was told that the connector I need was £45! Not that much Im sure if your into your ICE, but the CD player I was trying to put in only cost £70!

Would anybody be kind enough to point me in the direction of this connector so I can find a cheaper one!?

The current H/U connector has two 'blocks' as it were, and the CD player I want to fit only has 'one block'. If you understand, and can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Nick

You shoud have a power ISO connector (black) and a brown speaker ISO connector. These are industry standard plugs so my guess is the Sony is missing its loom which takes the non standard Sony plug and splits it to the standard ISO plugs, probably why it was so cheap.