'03 A3 3.2 Quattro headunit help please

mrmuscle

Audi, the next best thing to Bodybuilding
Reaction score
Ive posted this in the A3 section but thought id post here to hopefully increase my chance of getting a reply so i can get cracking and finish the job!
Am after some help again please on my '03 3.2 quattro.
I tried fitting my Alpine IVA-D310 screen today but it didnt power up. after having a look at the plugs, i noticed the one supplying the power only has a battery cable and an earth cable but no Acc cable. I double checked this with my trusty voltmeter.
I have just been poking loads of plugs in my car to try and find one but to no avail. And this was a long process as i did this on my own and had to keep turning the key on off etc.
I know this is a long shot but does anyone who has been through this same problem know where i can find this cable and/or know how to get around this?
Thank you

There isn't one the stock HU uses the CANBUS to tell it when the keys are in/out. You either need to pair the perm live with your accessory live and turn the HU on/off manually, or wire in an engine on feed from the fusebox or do it properly and pick up the accessory feed from the steering column wiring so that the HU stays on until the keys are out.