Quick HU question

pablo

Reaction score
Ive an 02 A4 with the Chorus soundsystem. I want to change the HU and wondered if it was a simple ISO connection on the back?

thats it, thanks :)

There's an ISO connection for power, and the front speakers, but you need an adapter in order to hook up the rear amp as the pre-outs are on a non-standard mini ISO plug. You'll also need an antenna adapter in order to power the aerial, & a fascia surround to fill in the gaps.
Also bear in mind there is no ignition on feed to the stock HU (it uses CANBUS), so you'll either need to wire one in from the steering column or twin the perm live with the ignition on live and turn the HU on/off manually.

hmmm doesnt sound too simple. ******.

the power for the aeriel is easy, had to do it for the golf, the little preout adapter is handily got isnt it?

just leaves the ign then, should be easy to run a wire over from the column, or even would the ciggie lighter be ign on only?

No the only easy feeds are either perm live or engine on live. I wanted a proper ignition on which stays live until you pull the keys out, which is only available from under the steering column - very thin red wire which is obvious when you remove the trim, but you'll need to wire in a relay as it really is very skinny. If all you want is an engine on feed then you can pick that up from the fusebox.

would this be the part Id need to get the preouts going?

I presume the preout cables there plug into the new HU and the loom just connects as normal?

thanks again