EM TuningSky Insurance

Thread: tv head unit

1st Gear

Status

tv head unit

Hi a few years back i had a tv head unit in my car it was a kenwood touch screen tv. Im now after another headunit for my s3. As it been so long since iv had a tv in my car i was wondering if someone can clear a few things up for me.

My old kenwood had a tv tuner that you had to hide (it was the size of a suitcase) do the new ones come with the tuner in the head unit now.

My old tv used to slide away into the dash do the new ones come with a clip of type screen as i dont fancy avin the screen in the car at all times as its a bit of a god send for the ba$%rds that tryed to nick the old one i had.(even tho i did have some alarm fob type thing as a code for it)

Im also in need of one that will play mp3s or even better DVD disc full of mp3s

sorry to sound a bit out of date but im getting old

cheers

And just for the record can some tell me the model of my old kenwood screen all i can remember is that it cost me 1000 quid from halfords about 6 years ago. Id have the same screen again if i could remove it of a evening.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    the alpine screens will do all you require plus a few things extra
    some models are touch screen but if you want the best picture go for one that isnt
    2003 pearlescent black s4 avant tiptronic - milltek exhaust - pre cats removed - remapped ...
    koni adjustable suspension front and rear
    alpine f1 dvi9990 -pxah990 headunit and processor - alpine d511r
    4 x focal 5ws midbass drivers - focal audiom 6w midrange - focal tce tweeters - velodyne df 12 sc servo controlled subwoofer
    3 x phoenix gold zpa 0.5 amplifiers

AJO
    1st Gear

Status
    this is the kenwood unit i have

KVT-627DVD main features:
    7 inch widescreen TFT colour active matrix displayNew fully-automatic 'Z-Action' open / close mechanismInteractive touch panel control with OSD (on screen display)DVD disc menu direct-touch operation (with highlight-control mode)FM / MW / LW radio tuner with 24 station memory presetsMaximum output power 50W x 4 (MOSFET power IC)Three preamp outputs with 5 volt level (front / rear / subwoofer)One RCA AV output (PAL or NTSC, according to source)One RCA AV input (PAL / NTSC auto selection)One RCA video input with mirror mode function for rear view cameraSystem Es+ tone controlSystem Q sound preset systemInstaller and backup memories for audio and video settingsDVD video playbackDVD+ / DVD- R/RW compatible (video format only)WMA / MP3 decoder for compressed audio files. ID-3 tag displayMPEG 1/ 2 video file (.mpg and .jpg) playbackRemovable front panel section and four digit security code to deter theftComplete with full fitting and operating guide

1st Gear

Status
    Whats the price on that mate what can you remove from it

1st Gear

Status
    Removable front panel section and four digit security code to deter theft

answer half my own question

5th Gear

Status
    try www.caraudiodirect.com I have an alpine and went for the single din for security issue. However it looks like you can remove the screen on some of the double dins. I like my alpine but will probably replace it in the near future.

Sunny Delight

Status
    the kvt627dvd is 330-400 quid, apparently brand new on ebay

1st Gear

Status
    without sounding to stupid single din and double din ????

1st Gear

Status
    can i watch normal tv with that kenwood one or do i need to buy a tuner for it. My friend has a freeview box in his car can i just use one of the as the tuner

cheers

5th Gear

Status
    you will probably need to buy a tuner, its not often they are included. Single din is like the kenwood above ( audi concert ?? ) the double din is twice as wide ( symphony ?? )