Audi A4 Bose EQ

vinesh

Reaction score
Hi,

I currently have bose in my A4 (B6). The system is great, but I find there is no control for the bass. Adjusting the bass level makes no difference.

I have looked at the soft coding via vagcom and my factory soft code was 01201. To switch off the BOSE EQ, I have reprogrammed the coding to 01011.

Now I don't get the BOSE logo when the HU is switched on which I beleive is correct if the BOSE EQ is disabled.

Coding was done via http://www.ibiblio.org/tkan/audi/radios/symphony2.html

Have I used the correct soft coding?

Should I have used 01001 soft code?

Thanks

The coding is purely cosmetic, to get rid of the hideously flat Bose EQ you need to pul the HU and chop the earth lead going to the Bose pin on the black power connector.

It must be my ears because when I changed the soft coding the music sounded different.

The coding I used has some implication on the way the speakers work. I have set the speakers as non-passive (bose).

I will try snipping the cable.

vinesh your quick youve only ad the car a few weeks and your into vag-com mods already lol

Yes, you can change the EQ settings on some Audi HU's, but to get rid of it you need to chop the cable.

Best of all, I'm new here but I wanted to ask, if it came with the configuration
----> 01201 XXX? X is 0 for no and 1 for bose bose??

Greetings.