Badger5Monster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

Stock HU w/aftermarket amp, speakers

Hi:

I am looking to add aftermarket speakers, an amp, and possibly a sub to my 2000 Audi A6. I want to keep the stock HU (Symphony). I do not have a Bose setup in the car.

I was wondering how hard it would be to add these components. Basically, what do I need to do to the HU to enable me to install the rest of the stuff? Is this something I could do by myself or is it better to get it professionally done. I used to be heavy into car audio but I've been out of the game for about 6 years... Also, do you think it is worth it? Or should I just bite the bullet and get a new HU.

Any response would be greatly appreciated!

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    the a6 is a lot easier to install in than most other audis but it does have its problems
    the speakers mount directly to the doorcard and will need seriously beefing up to get any improvement in midbass response
    so lots of sound deadening in the doors and some homemade baffles to attach the speakers to the doorcard

id advise a sound deadening product called skinz along with generous amounts of dynamatt supreme this should help a long way to getting the sound you want
    2003 pearlescent black s4 avant tiptronic - milltek exhaust - pre cats removed - remapped ...
    koni adjustable suspension front and rear
    alpine f1 dvi9990 -pxah990 headunit and processor - alpine d511r
    4 x focal 5ws midbass drivers - focal audiom 6w midrange - focal tce tweeters - velodyne df 12 sc servo controlled subwoofer
    3 x phoenix gold zpa 0.5 amplifiers

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for the feedback dualmono. I'm more concerned about what I would need to do in order for the HU to be able to handle an amp. I've heard the term LOC but have no idea what it means.

Status
    LOC is a line out converter - takes speaker outputs and convertes them down to pre-outs, you don't need this with the Audi HU's as they already have front & rear pre-outs. All you need is the Blaupunkt adapter, which plugs into the non standard preout connector on the back of the HU.
    http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/blau...lead-p-79.html