Stock HU w/aftermarket amp, speakers

Grier8

Reaction score
Hi:

I am looking to add aftermarket speakers, an amp, and possibly a sub to my 2000 Audi A6. I want to keep the stock HU (Symphony). I do not have a Bose setup in the car.

I was wondering how hard it would be to add these components. Basically, what do I need to do to the HU to enable me to install the rest of the stuff? Is this something I could do by myself or is it better to get it professionally done. I used to be heavy into car audio but I've been out of the game for about 6 years... Also, do you think it is worth it? Or should I just bite the bullet and get a new HU.

Any response would be greatly appreciated!

the a6 is a lot easier to install in than most other audis but it does have its problems
the speakers mount directly to the doorcard and will need seriously beefing up to get any improvement in midbass response
so lots of sound deadening in the doors and some homemade baffles to attach the speakers to the doorcard

id advise a sound deadening product called skinz along with generous amounts of dynamatt supreme this should help a long way to getting the sound you want

Thanks for the feedback dualmono. I'm more concerned about what I would need to do in order for the HU to be able to handle an amp. I've heard the term LOC but have no idea what it means.