A3 AP Amplifier Power Cable

A3Andy

Reaction score
Quick question, is there anywhere to route a 4wg power cable from the battery into the cabin? Quick look around didnt show any cheeky gromets for me :(

On the 8L A3 there's an unused grommet on the passenger side under the wiper splash guard next to the pollen filter, drops down into the passenger footwell behind the glovebox, no idea if this is the same on the 8P, but worth a look.
PowerCableRoute3mid.jpg

If you have DSG there is a rather larger redundant hole in the firewall where the clutch pedal would go on a manual - that is where I routed mine.

Paul

Unfortunately it's a normal manual shifter, not DSG :(

Found a grommet myself - when i took the glovebox off there is a loom feeding in from the engine bay into the cabin.

Anyway - the bass is excellent now so that's great. The only downside is that the airbag light has come on, and wont go off. What could it be?

If you removed the glovebox and unplugged the passenger airbag bypass switch, then turned on the ignition at anytime with the switch disconnected this would log a fault and turn off all the airbags, thus the airbag light is on.
Just needs resetting via VAGCOM, meanwhile the airbags are all disabled until you do a reset.

Top man, that's exactly what's happened.

Will an Audi dealership just do it for me, or charge for the pleasure?

Some will, some will charge, if you're a loyal customer they should do it free, only takes 2 minutes.

(Above: Remove the glovebox to gain access to the grommet for the power cable)

(Above: Underneath the fan if you look up there's a grommet through the engine bay - push the cable up through here)

(Above: Remove the battery and the cover, the you'll see the loom and the cable poking through)

Laying the cable through the car is relatively easy too, follow the phatnoise installation PDF for that.