Iphone works !!!!

beerglass

Reaction score
I have a 2006 A4 with blue tooth phone prep and RNS-E .

My nokia N95 would never pick up the sim contacts to the DIS or RNS-E head unit.

The Iphone does....it only ****** works

All the contacts are sync via outlook onto the Iphone and works when pressing the MFSW button.

I get all the phone dir in the DIS and RNS-E head unit..

You hearing this Nokia!!!!!!

wait wait more info on iphone :)

how much you pay and where you get it from and what network

I picked up a 4gb from the USA last week for £150. I use it on Orange.

Glad to hear it works as bluetooth is my next project.

am looking to get one as well, as i have relatives who live there, was it easy to unlock ?

I got lazy and bought a hack for £40 when I was in the US as I couldn't wait to get it up and running. You do need a wi-fi connection and a PC with itunes and follow the instructions.

I like to have photos on it and rotating the phone changes from landscape to portrait. It is very handy for me for looking at forums to check new messages and mail without booting up a PC oh and it makes calls as well.

steve1975l said:
I got lazy and bought a hack for £40 when I was in the US as I couldn't wait to get it up and running. You do need a wi-fi connection and a PC with itunes and follow the instructions.

I like to have photos on it and rotating the phone changes from landscape to portrait. It is very handy for me for looking at forums to check new messages and mail without booting up a PC oh and it makes calls as well.

Im on tmobile at the moment and really want an iphone,how do i go about unlocking it to the tmobile network,i have a macbook with itunes etc,Would i be able to just put my sim in it when it was unlocked?

My friend has one on T-mobile and it works. The unlock I used had to have the correct sim in it to perform the hack properly.

steve1975l said:
My friend has one on T-mobile and it works. The unlock I used had to have the correct sim in it to perform the hack properly.

What do you mean correct sim?

Perhaps an original sim from the 'intended' network?

beerglass said:
I have a 2006 A4 with blue tooth phone prep and RNS-E .

My nokia N95 would never pick up the sim contacts to the DIS or RNS-E head unit.

The Iphone does....it only ****** works

All the contacts are sync via outlook onto the Iphone and works when pressing the MFSW button.

I get all the phone dir in the DIS and RNS-E head unit..

You hearing this Nokia!!!!!!

There is a cure for this you know!

hack is very simple to use

one thing which am not clear on "how to buy the phone from the apple shop"

they say you have to take out a contract on AT&T, but how do you get around this and go instore and pay $299 or $399 and take the phone with you

am confused

Walk in pay your money and walk out with a locked phone to AT&T. You cannot do anything with it except sign up. Hack it however and you can start to use it.

I got it from the US

Had a mate who posted 10 over to us.

£203 each.

Plugged into the PC and ran a 1 click app to activate the phone. Then ran a wifi based software installation program called wininstaller. This then loads apps over the wifi connectio, so you never have to plug it back into the PC incase Steve jobs wants to lock it again for me.

The simfree app mods the baseband kernal to allow any sim. Running on Orange.

£203 for a 8 gig phone, sim free...thanks Apple..

V1.1.1 software out now not sure if the hack works with it yet. It is a game of cat and mouse with the hackers so only time will tell but obviously do not update until it is proven to work.

hopefully i should be getting the 4gb one, just waiting for my cousin to buy it and send it over,

i hope the version is ok to hack

beerglass said:
I got it from the US

Had a mate who posted 10 over to us.

£203 each.

Plugged into the PC and ran a 1 click app to activate the phone. Then ran a wifi based software installation program called wininstaller. This then loads apps over the wifi connectio, so you never have to plug it back into the PC incase Steve jobs wants to lock it again for me.

The simfree app mods the baseband kernal to allow any sim. Running on Orange.

£203 for a 8 gig phone, sim free...thanks Apple..

hi mate

which is the best delivery company did you use from the US, and was the packaged marked as gift ? or did you get any duties charged

ups maked as a bday present

How do you know 1.1.1 is out for the iPhone

Using it now loving it

beerglass said:
ups maked as a bday present

How do you know 1.1.1 is out for the iPhone

Using it now loving it

iTunes tried to update my phone and got a mail from the guy I got the app from.

steve1975l said:
iTunes tried to update my phone and got a mail from the guy I got the app from.
When was this. Because last night it wasnt out.

I suspect it will happen at different times but when I logged on at 7ish I got an update phone or cancel. I quickly cancelled it.

steve1975l said:
I suspect it will happen at different times but when I logged on at 7ish I got an update phone or cancel. I quickly cancelled it.
you sure it wasnt iTunes update. That came out last night for me

7.4.2 came out in the yesterday morning for me. I am sure 1.1.1 will be coming to a cradle near you soon.

There isn't any talk of this on modmyiphone or apple blog site. I just can see how you have been asked to upgrade. There isn't anything about the release of it on any web site relating to hacking the iPhone

its not out yet . Only engaget had a pre release un iPhone on demo. That's how we know its got tv output . But there isn't a public release yet

Still no sign of 1.1.1 firmware.

All the Iphone forums dont have any news on the real release date

So sorry you didnt get an update for your phone it was NOT the new firmware

I manually upgraded iTunes in the morning but hadn't rebooted could be that wanting to upgrade. Must be me seeing things and getting paranoid after a few beers.

Does anyone know of any good DVD to MP4 free converters?

steve1975l said:
I manually upgraded iTunes in the morning but hadn't rebooted could be that wanting to upgrade. Must be me seeing things and getting paranoid after a few beers.

Does anyone know of any good DVD to MP4 free converters?

http://modmyiphone.com/forums/

Still not out, but any time soon

Hope it doesnt brick to many phones

The guy I got the unlock from sent a mail out to tell everyone today to tell them to disable the check for automatic updates from the iTunes menu.