JL Audio VR650CSi

jojje

Reaction score
I am about to upgrade the speakers in my S3 (8P) which currently has the non-Bose system. I've been adviced by the dealer to go with a pair of JL Audio VR650CSi to also leave room for future sub upgrade. Does anyone have experience with these speakers? Afetr reading about them, they seem very decent.

I have those in my A3 and are pleased with them. You get a lot more bass out of them than the bose speakers I had. I've faded totally to the front which also helps and had a JL W3 10" sub put in the boot. This is powered with an A1200 JL amp which they managed to fit under the boot floor next to the spare by removing one section of the polystyrene wheel surround that held a screwdriver.I did this as I didn't want them screwing things to the backs of seats or the side panels of the boot.

I'd go with the speakers first and see if you are happy if so fine if not consider a sub as well which has made a difference just not quite as much as I thought it would.

After lissining to them in a A3 before they are a very good speaker indeed but personaly i have opted for the Focal Range with some good quality sound proofing behind the doors. with a good amplifier (JL 450/4) they seem to produce a much cleaner and crisp sound

the jl audio speakers are good quality and will suit most peoples taste
howveer there are options and before buying id advise you to try and listen to as many as possible

jl audio vr +zr
focal k2p
rainbow both the cs and the platinums
genesis audiophile