RNS-D Sat Nav Help

rpadam

S3 Raj
Reaction score
I've got a slight issue that I hope someone can help me with. I’ve fitted an RNS-D sat nav unit in my S3, think I have an A4 unit as it doesn’t fit in the cage properly.

Firstly my passenger side rear speaker is just buzzing away and my sub in the rear is hardly making any noise, any ideas?

Secondly, can anyone (London based) fit my TMC unit and get the FIS display to work?

Thirdly, does the unit need programming with VAG-COM?

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Cheers.

S3 Raj

A4 unit will not fit properly.

I am sure you need to tap into the CAN bus to get the TMC to work but I am unsure.

It will need reprogramming for it work correctly.

Just wondering why you didn't fit the RNS-E? I am near J9 M25 if you fancied a ride out to see me...glad to help a fellow AS member.

Got the unit really cheap thats why i done the install. Might take you up on your offer but first i need to get the TMC cables, any idea apart from ebay site?

If you have not already seen it, there is loads of good info on tha attached web site. I got a TMC cable for my A2 from a guy called Ralf Deventer who advertises on the German e.bay site. He also sells TMC modules if you don't already have one. You will need to use vagcom
http://www.nav-plus.com/instructions/

Cheers Spike

Cheers Spike

www.kufatec.de do all the cables and stuff for RNS-D TMC

Have a look at the guide posted above as this is what i followed when I fit mine in my 8L S3.

Everything worked, you cant get TMC unless you have a new disc version and a TMC unit is needed in order to get the instructions on the DIS.

A A4 version will fit but needs trimming very carefully down as my unit was a A4 one and fit perfect after some trimming.

You definately need to recode both the car and the sat nav unit in order to get it to work properly and tell the unit what car its in etc, tyre size needs to be programmed to for correct speed pulse and accuracy of the nav guidance itself.

Have you taken the speed signal from behind the instument cluster as you need to do this before it will work too?

Gala should be in connector III pin 1. You would need to tap into middle grey connector behind cluster pin 5 for CAN H and pin 6 for CAN L.

I have a genuine VAG-com setup if you want me to do the coding.

Thanks for all your help!!
I've changed from concert to the Nav Plus. I'll order the cables today & Steve i'll take you up on your offfer when i get everything together i'm based near Wanstead, London.

Quite a way out maybe someone might be nearer or if you come along to the Cobham meet in a couple of months.

Send me a PM with you mail address as I have something of use.