Ground loop isolator

be@st

Reaction score
Does anyone know where i can get a ground loop isolator from for blaupunkt line outputs on a mini ISO connector? Have found plenty for RCA's, but i haven't got any.

I'm trying to get rid of the whining noise on my new HU. Have tried various ground points behind glovebox (as stated in other posts) but won't seem to make much difference.

Anyone have any other ideas to help elimate this?

Have you tried turning down the amp gains and the HU up.

I had a similar issue in my old Golf IV running an amp off of the stock HU with the ISO pre-out cable. Turning the wick down a little on the amps fixed it, just meant that you needed the volume a little higher on the HU not a bad thing as it meant that the pre-out voltage level was higher.

Paul

GLI's only work on RCA's, you'll need to make up an adapter to splice into the Audi pre-outs to give you RCA connections from the non standard line out connections. Or wire the GLI into the Blaupunkt adapter at the HU.
Have you checked the ground on the amp?
Is the amp decent, if it's a cheap & cheerful unit then you'll struggle to get rid of the whine.

Sorry should have made more clear, i'm using the Audi Bose amp. It's the one where all the speakers run from Bose. I guess i can't adjust the amps settings? i haven't actually found the amp yet, i know it's some where up the back!

How would i go about wiring the GLI into the adapter at the HU?

What car is it?
If you are using the stock Bose setup with an aftermarket HU which adapter are you using to link to the Bose loom, RCA input or speaker input?
No you can't adjust the amps settings.

It's a B7 A4 with stock Bose setup, the line outputs to the Bose amp where on a mini iso connection already from the old Concert 2. So the Blaupunkt HU had the same outputs on the mini iso and so no adapters needed.