Fitting ice link plus......few questions
Ive just ordered The Dennison ice link plus device,so am trying to syke
myself up to fit it when it arrive"s im a bit of a novice in Ice. So i have a couple of questions:
1) Is it paramount i disconnect the battery?
2) If so will the service countdown reset it self? Ps i guess i will have to re-enter the security code for the head unit and reset the preset stations?
3) Is there anything else i will have to look out for when diconnecting the battery?
sorry it ran over into 3 questions.
Thanks inadvance for any help and advice.
1) no, but its a good idea to.
2) no, the service countdown won't reset. Yes you'll have to re-enter the security code if the battery is left disconnected for over something like 20 minutes.
3) If your car is DBW, when reconnecting the battery, dont start the car straight away. Turn the key till the dash lights up, and leave it for a couple of minutes - then start it. You'll also maybe have to re-learn the auto-up/down for the leccy windows.
when fitting the ice link, have a couple of spade connectors handy so that you can earth the black wire to the blade connector on the back of the head unit.
also, use proper radio removal keys. They'll save a lot of swearing if it goes wrong.
Originally Posted by madvw
Thanks for the advice will buy some spade connecters in advice,but what is a blade connecter? does the back of the stereo have a slot for the spade end to go into is this what you mean by blade connecter? I have the removal keys on order so hopefully all will go well?
Just be very gentle with the keys as you can easily bend the spring mechanisms and end up with the HU jammed in there. The keys should be inserted with the angled sides facing inwards (towards each other), you should feel some resistance as they close the spring clips then the keys should lock. At this point the HU should be free, but don't pull it out using the keys, remove the glovebox and push it out from behind.
yep, the headunit usually has a 7m(ish) bit of flat metal thats bent out from the back of the chassis - the spade connector may need a little bit of flattening to sit snugly.
Originally Posted by gkf9
ok thanks alot guys....just waiting for the proper keys to arrive in the post
my ice link has turned up..won it on flea bay but there aint no instuctions
it has 2 plugs on it a 20 pin and a plug with 12 pins i take it i only need
to use 1 of these plugs? also whats the yellow socket for is it for another aux
thanks again for your help