Removal of Phone Cradle

Shadowman

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just bought an A4 with the dash mounted phone cradle fitted. It has RNS so I can connect via Bluetooth and do not need this monstrosity hanging out in the breeze, but when I looked to remove it, there are two great big holes in the dash where it mounts. Why the heck a company like Audi cannot find a way of mounting this so that if you want it removed, there are no holes visible is beyond me, but that is another issue !!!!

I have been told by one source that the only cure is to replace the entire centre console, but please tell me there is another way.........are there companies that can fill the holes so that they are invisible, or does someone sell clip-in sections to fill in the holes ?

The cradle just looks like an afterthought stuck out in the breeze like it is and I want rid of it, but I do not want the car looking like it has been attacked once it has gone.............HELP ME PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,

Did anyone find a solution to this as I need to remove mine. I hate it with a passion.

Cheers

Covered many times, just swap the center console, a new one is around £60 and about an hours work to remove/replace.

Cool, Did you get Audi to do this or DIY?

Cheers

D