MacStealth Sub the way forward

Voodoo

Reaction score
Website
www.shrewsburybowmen.co.uk
Id just like to thank Andy Mac for putting together the stealth sub for me.
Took me all morning to get it all sorted, had some rewiring to do but it is WELL worth doing, the sound is excellent with the stock speakers, the BASS is more than enough for what I wannt, and I still have all of my boot :arco:

If anyone else is considering this for their A3 (8L) then I would highly recomend it.
I wanted to build a box as a project and keep costs down, but im sooo glad I didnt go down that route, the cost is reasonable and well worth getting if you want a sub/amp upgrade.

Thanks again :salute:

I second that, plus I can still get the clubs in the boot minus the driver.

recently brought one of Andy myself, if all goes well i should have it installed this weekend....... cant wait.......:rockwoot:

Doesn't take too long and well worth the effort + you get an empty boot.

Read the instructions before starting. I have done 2 now and the hardest bit the was cutting a ground nut thread off. The first time I did it with a hacksaw. The 2nd time the company bought a Dremel.

Any help just ask Andy or here.

steve1975l said:
Doesn't take too long and well worth the effort + you get an empty boot.

Read the instructions before starting. I have done 2 now and the hardest bit the was cutting a ground nut thread off. The first time I did it with a hacksaw. The 2nd time the company bought a Dremel.

Any help just ask Andy or here.

yep it looks pretty straight forward, cant wait to hear the difference:)

that looks like a familiar back ground in your sig, are you from epsom steve ?

Ok, time for me to sound like a bit of a ****, but, ive heard lots about the andymac sub, and id love to get one, how much, and where is andy based? can he also install? ive sent a PM, but didnt get a reply, anyone help!?

He will reply give him time.

I think it is about ~£300 for the package. He is down south west from you on the coast and can do the fitting for a bit more. He does include very good instructions and I have done 2 now.

Finally got my stealth sub fitted last weekend and sounds greeeeat, its definitely a worthy addition to the S3:icon_thumright:

This is a sub in an MDF box made to the same pattern as the OE one isn't it?

A4Quattro said:
This is a sub in an MDF box made to the same pattern as the OE one isn't it?

yep, with a JL Audio 6.5 replacement and Alpine amp, i also replaced the fronts with some rainbows and a new Kenwood USB head unit...

I'm looking at some Focals for the front of my BM, they look pretty good.
How are the Rainbows?

A4Quattro said:
I'm looking at some Focals for the front of my BM, they look pretty good.
How are the Rainbows?

the rainbows sound great mate, well as good as you can get with a standard door build...:icon_thumright: