Volks AutosSky Insurance
    Reverse Gear

Status

RNS-E retro fit question (My car is in bits!!)

I have been following the guide on audiretrofit.co.uk to install the RNS-E unit including the single to double-DIN conversion and all was going well until I removed the single-DIN housing. In the guide the cup older and switches etc were installed in the housing, mine are installed in a metal area not attached to the housing and I have a flip-up cubby hole above the switches. What do I need to do to take this out?

Cheers.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    You have the wrong DIN cage, I'm guessing here as you have not provide any information about the car or the parts, but you have a cabby and you have bought the saloon/avant cage.

Dremmel the switch assembly off the top of the cage before installing it or buy the correct one.

Reverse Gear

Status
    It looks like I did get the wrong one, I didn't know there was a difference between the Saloon and the Cabby (I have a cabby) cage so I took the top off the cage and it all went well afte that. Cheers.

6th Gear

Status
    No probs, I did the same thing once, customer didn't tell me it was a cabriolet until he arrived at my workshop.