Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
    6th Gear

Status

Phatnoise Voice Prompts ?

I updated my phastnoise the other week due to me changing computer so i had to redo all my playlists / install the software etc. I now have a female voice prompt which seems to be alot quieter & less understandable to me & any passengers.

Is there anywhere i can pic & choose the voice i want ?

Thanks

Matt
    2002 Dolphin grey S3 - Sym2+bose, heated leather, ally mirrors, R32 ARB's with superpro, Jabba stage 2 map, TFSI coils, Samco TIP, Forge DV & privacy glass

2010 Green Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R - Akrapovic baffleless race can, LED cluster & HID's

wanted for 8L S3:
    Unmarked grey rear bumper panel
    Milltek system

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    anyone ?
    2002 Dolphin grey S3 - Sym2+bose, heated leather, ally mirrors, R32 ARB's with superpro, Jabba stage 2 map, TFSI coils, Samco TIP, Forge DV & privacy glass

2010 Green Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R - Akrapovic baffleless race can, LED cluster & HID's

wanted for 8L S3:
    Milltek system

Shakersville

Status
    Yes you can change the voice as long as you have installed the software off the disc that came with your Phatbox and not just downloaded from the internet.

You have the choice between Mike or Crystal voice prompts.

To do this using music manager then you need to insert the DMS then click Hardware Options (in the middle of the screen) then click DMS Database/Voice Prompts tab

You then should be able to change back to mike then press fix voice prompts to regenerate.

1st Gear

Status
    You can get a whole load of different voices, all sorts of accents, with the phatvoice, mcirosoft speech,and a few other packages, however, you have to pay for most of this.
    Try the Phathack forum, with advice on this, and more importantly perhaps, advice on installing 40gb+ drives at a fraction of the cost of buying from the manufacturer (any standard laptop 2.5" drive apparently).

Or there is the the PHATVOICE users guide.
    Last edited by giblets46; 17th July 2007 at 20:32.
    Any spelling/ grammatical errors are there purely to annoy!

A4 2.0TDI (143) S-Line Quartz Grey

6th Gear

Status
    yeah i checked this out the other day i only have the option for the female english voice prompt

wanted for 8L S3:
    Milltek system

Shakersville

Status
    The original voices are ATT DTNV 1.2 Mike & ATT DTNV 1.2 Crystal
    These are part of the AT&T Natural Voices software that is only on the original installation disc that came with you Phatnoise.

Somehow they must not of installed correctly on you computer so my suggestion would be a clean install from the original CD to see if it fixes the problem.
    or
    Using add remove programs AT&T Labs Natural Voices TTS Desktop SDK. Just reinstall the AT&T software from the Phatnoise CD.

Phatvoice use the same AT&T voice engine and both voices are available from the drop down menu.