Replacing concert with RNS-E

danc

Reaction score
Hi,

I am about to replace my concert stereo with the RNS-E unit and just wanted to double-check I have everything. I've got a cable adapter and the double DIN housing to replace the existing one, but I am not sure if I need to replace the aircon controls too, are they different on the double DIN? Have I missed anything else that I will need?

Cheers.

(The car is a 2003 A4 cabriolet BTW)

I'm about to do the same thing and reading all the threads and and sites, you will to buy some new switches plus switch surround and the air con control needs to be trimmed. go to Navplus.us and lookfor a thread A3 8p single DIN to double DIN and this has all the extra parts and numbers you need.
The switches are needed because when you move the Sat nav to the top position where your switches are now and then the new switches and surround ge below this and they are not as tall as the original switch surround and switches plus the surround has square corners instead of the original round corners at the top. The air con controls then sit lower down than they are now and need to be trimmed approx 2mm I'm told to fit the new double din bracket.http://www.audiretrofit.co.uk/ gives you the fitting instructions for the A3 8P, you can also get lots of help looking at threads on the forum

Hope this helps
Peter Hopper
:beerchug:

Thanks for the info, just read a tutorial on the retrofit site and it looks like I have everything apart from the controls. Looks like I'll be hunting some down on ebay before I can fit it.

Cheers

Just fitted mine and it was a doddle, I purchased the switch's and surround through the audi dealer and then shaved the air con unit and then re-fitted everything. Coded the unit and it works apart from the sat nav because the drongo I got it from on e-bay sent me a duff cd and so I'm looking for a reliable cd that works and not prepaired to pay £200 for it. The fit took me about 4 hrs from start to finish.

Thanks

Peter Hopper

:icon_thumright: