I've done something really stupid :(

Ed

Reaction score
...Bought a phatnoise for my A3, when I've got a chorus II stereo.
So I dont think its compatable (or at least I can't get the box to work!)

If i bought a Concert stereo could I just switch it for mine, and more to the point, would the phatnoise box work?

Isn't that chart for brackets etc, the phatnoise simply emulates a cd changer, so as long as your chorus supprts a changer, then it should work.

What year is the car and what connectors are on the back of the stereo?

Its a 2001 facelift a3
It has a chorus II (the one with the casette) but it does support a cd player as the wiring diagrams say's CD+ and it has the CD button/6 buttons along the bottom.

The phatnoise lights come on (1 green, 1 red) then they go off (like the manual says it should) but when I press the CD button it says 'No Tape'.

I'm sure my changer cable is wired up OK, and the cartridge works on my PC, but won't work in my car.

I'm completely gutted it doesnt work, so sad! :(

Thanks for your help so far craig.

Ok, got it working (by doing nothing!)

It seems to be a bit temperamental, it didnt work at all when the car was stationary but as soon as i set off it started working, but kept turning off on bumps/corners.

its completely flat in the boot of my car now, is there a better position for it?

Right, fixed the problem!

It was a loose connection inside the phatnoise box.

Took it appart and tightened everything up, and stuck a folder piece of card in the tiny gap where the cable goes in, seems ok now!

Also mounted it on the back of the passenger seat. Look awesome :)

Cheers guys, feel a bit less stupid (or should I feel more stupid? lol)