Badger5EM Tuning

Thread: Paging Andymac

5th Gear

Status

Paging Andymac

Have decided on the Becker HU. You said it might require a slight adjustment to work with the Bose system, is this hard to do?
    Just had a quote from caraudio...they said....We have just dropped the price of the Indianapolis from 599 to 499 Fitting 250 + vat, Bose lead 50, Facia panel 25-45......seems rediculously high.

Fitting 250 + Vat, is this a true cost, or are they gonna rewire the car!!!
    Facelift S3, Sprint Blue, Bucket seats, Sunroof, Sat Nav, Bose, Elect Mirrors, Light and Rain, Interior Light pack, Flat Tyre Warning, GSM Phone Prep, Led upgrade, Illuminated speaker grills.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    It's a straight plug & play on all the Becker HU's I've seen, just like the Blaupunkt HU's they seem to use the same mini ISO connector for the pre-outs as the stock HU.
    Some people had an issue with the remote turn on not working but this is a simple fix, just requires chopping one wire and relocating.
    Those costs above are just a joke, all you need is an antenna adapter £10, fascia adapter £12 and that's it.

5th Gear

Status
    Thanks Andymac.....am in a slagging email match with them at the mo LOL
    Facelift S3, Sprint Blue, Bucket seats, Sunroof, Sat Nav, Bose, Elect Mirrors, Light and Rain, Interior Light pack, Flat Tyre Warning, GSM Phone Prep, Led upgrade, Illuminated speaker grills.

cheesypeas

Status
    £250+vat? i'd rather eat my left testicle. Its a 20minute job, and thats WITH coffee
    1999 1.8 SE A4 100% standard tank, all green.
    Alpine old skool
    Helix RS6 - PHD PRO 4070
    Coral 10" passive setup - PHD 2200

5th Gear

Status
    Should post all the emails they sent me LOL. told me not to email and ask any questions as they would not answer any. Then proceeded to tell me I was a tyrekicker and that if I was really interested in the HU I should pop in and see them...... kin assholes, they are 140 miles away or I would have done, only to punch the arrogant t**t in the face who was emailing me!!

5th Gear

Status
    name and shame the dealer
    then others can avoid the place like the plague
    2003 pearlescent black s4 avant tiptronic - milltek exhaust - pre cats removed - remapped ...
    koni adjustable suspension front and rear
    alpine f1 dvi9990 -pxah990 headunit and processor - alpine d511r
    4 x focal 5ws midbass drivers - focal audiom 6w midrange - focal tce tweeters - velodyne df 12 sc servo controlled subwoofer
    3 x phoenix gold zpa 0.5 amplifiers

5th Gear

Status
    the name of the company are caraudiodisount.com

MiT
    Work Hard, Play harder!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mac1403
    the name of the company are caraudiodisount.com
    you mean http://www.caraudiodiscount.com/

A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI S-Line
    Amalfi White || Comfort Pack || Audi Sound System 10 Speakers || Interior Light Pack || Elec Lumber Support || Sat Nav || Non Smoking pack

5th Gear

Status
    yeh thats the people sorry will have to become a bit more computer literate I think