Cable routing in an 8P

gg9485

Reaction score
i will soon be installing my car pc into my car aswel as an upgraded sound system which will include a sub in the boot, I need to run a 4gauge power wire from the battery to the boot, anyone know if there are a ny holes in the bulkhead I can pass tis through? or will I have to drill my own.

I also need to run various cables from the dash to the boot, including a VGA cable and a serial cable, again any idea on the best place to route these cables?

by the way my car is a 2004 sportback manual if that makes a difference

thanks

greg

Have a look under the door/carpet trim that runs on each side. It may be tricky, but you can run the power cable down one side and the VGA/usb/serial/audio down the other side (just to keep the power away from other lines) .

*Works for my Golf, not tried in my A3

my 0 guage cable is under the car and fed up through a bung in the boot

very neat and tidy job!

Thanks guys, Think i might run the power cable under the car, keeps it away from everything else, I neglected to mention I will be running new speaker cable aswel.
Boydie did you drill your own hole to pass the cable through or was there one ther you could utilise?

a bung came with the wiring kit so a hole had to be drill for it - its water tight so it grand

just go down to b&q and get a decent grommit or something similar