Y Splitters

sharma

Reaction score
I have never used these rca splitters before and i had assumed you get a connection to the current rca's which feeds out into 2 sets of rca's. However looking around i have found you can only get one femal to 2 males. Does this not only send the left or right signal to the new sets of rca's? And then when i change the balance from left to right how will it work with these?

I have also managed to locate this box at maplin:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=23189&TabID=1&C=SO&U=strat15&doy=search

Will this be a better option to go for or does it not make any real difference?

you plug the right RCA into the female socket and feed each male to the right input of both amps, then do the same for the left. So you need 2 sets and probably a short RCA extension if feeding 2 seperate amps (depending on how far apart the amps will be).

That sounds fine. However i have one 2 channel amp running the fronts and one 4 channel amp running the sub and the rears. So i don't think i am able to feed the right into both right channels as the 4 channel amp has left and right so one set will have to go to feed into the left channel. (I want to control it so that the rear control is for sub and rear speakers).

The only other option i can think of is to run the rears of the 2 channel amp and the fronts and sub off the 4 channel amp? (Not my preferred option). However once again his may cause the same problem as there is not really a left or right channel on a 2 channel amp?

Sorry i might be getting confused here. Do you mean that the splitter should be fed out so that the red termial should feed out into a set of rca's which each go into the red rca terminals of the amp and the same for the black terminal?