EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    4th Gear

Status

TV Aerials (x4)- where to put them??

TV Aerials (x4)- where to put them??

Although just watched Deal or no deal on the way home and reception was great!

Has any one fitted them on a AVANT, they are too tall to fit standing up in the side windows? and when lying down get poor reception??

Also i have 2 green and 2 brown connections on the Tv tuner which one is for which Aerial connection??

cheers every body???

Still looking for a switched live behind the NAVI unit if anyone can help me out via Pm that would be great, cheers kris
    2010 A4 Avant B8 S-Line Executive 143ps 2.0 Tdi Ice Silver

Extras - 5 spoke 18's, Comfort Pack, Electric Seats, Start-Stop, alcantara/leather, Silver Stitching, Factory Tints all round, Cruise control, symphony 6 disc changer, mobile phone prep low

Previously Owned 2002 Red A4 Avant Quattro Tdi 130 , 2004 Red A4 Avant Quattro Tdi 130

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    This is the left one.....

This is the right one......

And this is the tuner....

Extras - 5 spoke 18's, Comfort Pack, Electric Seats, Start-Stop, alcantara/leather, Silver Stitching, Factory Tints all round, Cruise control, symphony 6 disc changer, mobile phone prep low

Previously Owned 2002 Red A4 Avant Quattro Tdi 130 , 2004 Red A4 Avant Quattro Tdi 130

5th Gear

Status
    the only other option you have is to remove the panels and either place them vertically in the b pillar behind the trim
    or horizontally underneath the trim in the picture
    try it and see if the resulst are satisfactory or not
    2003 pearlescent black s4 avant tiptronic - milltek exhaust - pre cats removed - remapped ...
    koni adjustable suspension front and rear
    alpine f1 dvi9990 -pxah990 headunit and processor - alpine d511r
    4 x focal 5ws midbass drivers - focal audiom 6w midrange - focal tce tweeters - velodyne df 12 sc servo controlled subwoofer
    3 x phoenix gold zpa 0.5 amplifiers

6th Gear

Status
    As I said in my other post, you do not have genuine antennas, it's a shame cos your avant has the antennas built into the windows already, all you need to do is upgrade the antenna amps to TV/radio from radio only and add some cables and you have the genuine system.

4th Gear

Status
    see when i bought them i assumed they where with the original stuff that they where original aerials!!

where are the antenna amps, how easy are they to change/source??

3rd Gear

Status
    Thats a lot of hassle just to watch deal or no deal.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Yeah, I was thinking that. I've never quite got the point of TV in the car.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcgough
    where are the antenna amps, how easy are they to change/source??
    If they're in the same place as the S3, 1 of them is integrated into the rear heated window element. The amp is then behind the hatch cover that covers the rear wiper, lock and all that. Its pretty obvious where it is when you have the cover off. Now idea how many more of them there are, or where....

4th Gear

Status
    you missed my point, Im affraid mine doesnt have them fitted, im after sourcing them to retro fit!!