TV Aerials (x4)- where to put them??

Mcgough

Reaction score
TV Aerials (x4)- where to put them??

Although just watched Deal or no deal on the way home and reception was great!

Has any one fitted them on a AVANT, they are too tall to fit standing up in the side windows? and when lying down get poor reception??

Also i have 2 green and 2 brown connections on the Tv tuner which one is for which Aerial connection??

cheers every body???

Still looking for a switched live behind the NAVI unit if anyone can help me out via Pm that would be great, cheers kris

This is the left one.....

CIMG0073.jpg

This is the right one......

CIMG0072.jpg

And this is the tuner....

CIMG0074.jpg

the only other option you have is to remove the panels and either place them vertically in the b pillar behind the trim
or horizontally underneath the trim in the picture
try it and see if the resulst are satisfactory or not

As I said in my other post, you do not have genuine antennas, it's a shame cos your avant has the antennas built into the windows already, all you need to do is upgrade the antenna amps to TV/radio from radio only and add some cables and you have the genuine system.

see when i bought them i assumed they where with the original stuff that they where original aerials!!

where are the antenna amps, how easy are they to change/source??

Thats a lot of hassle just to watch deal or no deal.

Mcgough said:
where are the antenna amps, how easy are they to change/source??

If they're in the same place as the S3, 1 of them is integrated into the rear heated window element. The amp is then behind the hatch cover that covers the rear wiper, lock and all that. Its pretty obvious where it is when you have the cover off. Now idea how many more of them there are, or where....

you missed my point, Im affraid mine doesnt have them fitted, im after sourcing them to retro fit!!