stealth subwoofer boxes

bigblokey0

Reaction score
how do these stealth boxes work your supposed to have the correct cubic space inside the box for each particular sub right but the idea of these stealth boxes is for them to take as little space up as poss ? im confused (not that thats hard)

There are quite a few smaller subs available now that require very little volume in the enclosure.
It is a compromise though using a stealth box. You'll never get the performance from one that you would get from a boot hogger, but most people don't actually want Saxo style panel beating bass, they just want decent bass, so the stealth route is actually perfect.

stealth boxes help you keep the facility of your boot to a maximum in either avant or saloon
if you buy a normal box you lose space having to mount it in the boot
sub manufacturers usually give you a range with which the sub will work in
usually the smallest box will have a slight hump in the frequency response and the largest box will be capable of hitter lower notes than the smaller box the larger box is usually a tiny bit louder for the same given power

AndyMac said:
There are quite a few smaller subs available now that require very little volume in the enclosure.
It is a compromise though using a stealth box. You'll never get the performance from one that you would get from a boot hogger, but most people don't actually want Saxo style panel beating bass, they just want decent bass, so the stealth route is actually perfect.

Andy, I was looking at the various posts with your boxes on, do you do one for the new shape S3?

So nice and local to me - so what would you need to be able to fabricate a box ?

I could certainly arrange to meet up with you.

Paul

Gti Jazz Blue said:
So nice and local to me - so what would you need to be able to fabricate a box ?

I could certainly arrange to meet up with you.

Paul

If you do meet up and get something together for the new shape A3 then I'd be very interested for my S3?

I'd need to remove some panels from your car, remove the existing sub, check out the wiring pin outs, take a lot of photo's, do some measurements and see if either the current 8L box could be made to fit or if it needs to be a new design. I'd then put it all back together and may need to do all again once the new design was ready.
So it's not a quick and easy job and fully understand any apprehension at having someone using your baby as a guinea pig. On the upside I'd do it all for free and you could have the resulting system for the cost of the amp & the sub.

AndyMac said:
I'd need to remove some panels from your car, remove the existing sub, check out the wiring pin outs, take a lot of photo's, do some measurements and see if either the current 8L box could be made to fit or if it needs to be a new design. I'd then put it all back together and may need to do all again once the new design was ready.
So it's not a quick and easy job and fully understand any apprehension at having someone using your baby as a guinea pig. On the upside I'd do it all for free and you could have the resulting system for the cost of the amp & the sub.

I need to find someone to fit all my new kit to my new S3 when I get it early June.I'd be happy to meet up and let you pull a few panels off my new car.You sound like you know what you're doing so I would have no probs with that.
Would you be interested in doing the rest of the instal for me as well.I'd be happy to pay you for your time, cheaper than paying a shop to do it all?

AndyMac said:
Hi mate to be honest I have my Amp and the subs are on the way, however if you were happy for me to remove the relevant panels for you to take photos and measure the space I would be interested in the box once fabricated and we have test fitted it..

BTW I have the Bose system but could help you with the wiring info for std install.

Do you want me to pm my number for a chat further ?

Paul

Gti Jazz Blue said:
Hi mate to be honest I have my Amp and the subs are on the way, however if you were happy for me to remove the relevant panels for you to take photos and measure the space I would be interested in the box once fabricated and we have test fitted it..

BTW I have the Bose system but could help you with the wiring info for std install.

Do you want me to pm my number for a chat further ?

Paul

Did you get anywhere with this in the end, I'm still really interested in a Stealth Box for my new car so to know what you did in the end would be very interesting.