Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
    4th Gear

Status

RADIO REMOVAL TOOLS

Having trouble releasing my syhmpony II unit, so i can replace with my RNS-E navigation, i tried using the halfords euro keys and no luck they just dont seem to work they just get jammed.

Went to audi newcastle and they also wont sell me any release keys, although my pal at BMW says he will order them if i can get the part number.

Can any one help with numbers, or is anyone in the newcastle area who would remove my unit????

cheers kris
    2010 A4 Avant B8 S-Line Executive 143ps 2.0 Tdi Ice Silver

Extras - 5 spoke 18's, Comfort Pack, Electric Seats, Start-Stop, alcantara/leather, Silver Stitching, Factory Tints all round, Cruise control, symphony 6 disc changer, mobile phone prep low

Previously Owned 2002 Red A4 Avant Quattro Tdi 130 , 2004 Red A4 Avant Quattro Tdi 130

2. # ADS
    ADS

My BM is fixed!

Status
    Get back down to Audi and demand a set of the tools! Take your logbook or owners manual or better still the car and tell them its for your own car, i got a set from my audi dealer.

Or get them from audi-accessories
    Chris

The problem with common sense, is that its not that common.

See my images @
    http://www.christianfrench.co.uk

Own a dreaded BMW? http://www.bmw-sport.net

S55 LKS

Status
    I originally had trouble with removing my old unit. The keys jammed to start with but a lot of messing about got them to do the job. One tip though is to remove the glovebox and you can give the unit a little shove from the back. I've found that useful befre and I presume you'll be removing the glovebox anyway to site the GPS antenna.
    2004 1.9TDi A4 Avant Sport, GmbH bodykit, DPM Remap, Fishscale Alu trim, RNS-E

4th Gear

Status
    No im putting the antenna in the headlining like last time? do you have the part number for the release keys??

Extras - 5 spoke 18's, Comfort Pack, Electric Seats, Start-Stop, alcantara/leather, Silver Stitching, Factory Tints all round, Cruise control, symphony 6 disc changer, mobile phone prep low

Previously Owned 2002 Red A4 Avant Quattro Tdi 130 , 2004 Red A4 Avant Quattro Tdi 130

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    You can get a set on Ebay for pennies. I did.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

4th Gear

Status
    aye but if they are like the halfords ones they just wont do the trick!!!

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    The ones I got were fine.

Here:

Ebay
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

S55 LKS

Status
    Got mine on fleabay as well and they were ok. A mate has managed to lose them though or you could have borrowed them.

4th Gear

Status
    No mate they are the same as halfords, and they dont work?!?!

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    These are the ones on sale from Audi Accessories:

Linky:

They're identical to the ones on Ebay, and three times the price.

S55 LKS

Status
    Elsawin quotes radio release tool - T10057, dont know whether Newcastle Audi can find them from that.

4th Gear

Status
    I went into my local dealers and they gave me two sets

4th Gear

Status
    Do you want to borrow!!! mine?? i'll post them to you if you promise to post them back??

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962
    You can get a set on Ebay for pennies. I did.
    Me too (from Germany in fact). Did you insert the keys the wrong way round? IIRC the longer edge had to be pointing to the outside of the stereo. As you push the keys home, you get a soft click and then you can start trying to pull them out.

I've since had to take my RNS-E out three times and those keys have been fine. The problem is, once clicked in place they won't come out until the stereo is free.
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by benw123
    Me too (from Germany in fact). Did you insert the keys the wrong way round? IIRC the longer edge had to be pointing to the outside of the stereo. As you push the keys home, you get a soft click and then you can start trying to pull them out.

I've since had to take my RNS-E out three times and those keys have been fine. The problem is, once clicked in place they won't come out until the stereo is free.
    That's not a problem, that's how they work!

As to inserting them the wrong way, I managed to avoid that by asking Andymac first, heh!

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcgough
    No mate they are the same as halfords, and they dont work?!?!
    Of course, it could be that they keys aren't the problem.

Just a thought.

4th Gear

Status
    Halfords had a try also, 2 keys wouldnt push all the way in and the top left key wouldnt go in straight....strange!

1st Gear

Status
    I had problems gettin the keys when I fitted my glovebox CD Changer.

I got a "pack" which has vag, mercedes bmw etc in there

I used the Audi keys and Mercedes keys, very similar and both worked, bit of fiddleing and it came out.... As your local ish I can let you borrow them if u need!

Cheers

Chris
    Gone - A3 2.0 TDI (140) Sportback Sport

Now - BMW f10 520d

4th Gear

Status
    nik nak sent me his to give them a try....ill let you know results 2mora??

cheers mate