Nav plus advice needed

macattax

Reaction score
I was looking at various Nav plus systems but I am a little confused.
The one I am looking to get is part number 8d0 035 192 g.
I am pretty sure this is fine for an 1999 A4 Facelift.

The Nav comes from an AUDI RS4 8D and includes the centre console with double din.
This is as you can probably tell is a Single to double din conversion.

Ok I have two questions .

1. Is this unit the DVD type (RNS-E) ?
2. Will the RS4 centre console fit my A4?

I hope you can get back to me soon with all the info because time is of the essence.

Cheers Lads!

:kissmyrings:

The unit is the RNS-D version and will be CD based. Sorry I cant advise on the centre console.

When buying a Nav plus for my car does it have to be the right part no. code
8d0 xxx xxx x ?

Sinny's right - the older, CD-based RNS-D model will go in with no problems, but the RNS-E will need a lot of work before it goes in. The RNS-D is cheaper to buy though.

Fitting the RNS-E will depend on how comfortable you are with car electrics, but either way, it's worth searching the web (including http://www.navplus.us as Sinny said) because others have done it before.

Cheers for the info lads.
So I will need to get one from an A6 then apparentley?

Does anyone know the part number for the double din air conditioning unit for a4 b5 facelift?
What I am confused about is the that if I were to get an rns-e from an A6 would I need an A\C from an A6 too?
Will my original A\c not fit in a double din because its too big or is it too small?

Well I managed to get an RNS-E from ebay for €600 with delivery which is about £410 uk pounds.

Here is the link to the one I got

All I need now is the double din centre console and double din cage.
I am also looking for the double din climate control unit.
Then the bits and bobs RNS-E adapter harness, Gps antenna etc.

Once I have these pieces I will be using the instrucions given in the link that Sinny posted above which is a great find by the way m8! .

Maybe I should do a step by step for an A4? but I think it would be exactly the same in the S4 anyway.

I am really looking forward to this project now.
So annoying to get the double din parts togheter though!

If you haven't already, now's the time to get a login with http://www.navplus.us. Your retrofit (if you can call it that!) is seriously non-standard and there are people on this forum who know more about the RNS-E than the people who manufactured it - at least in terms of fitting them into different cars.

All the questions you've raised can be answered there, but search the knowledge base first because very often the same question has been answered before.

I just did that Benw123 and was told that its fine and will work if I follow the instructions Sinny gave above.
So as I thought its more than feasible.
Cheers again Sinny.

Well the person I won the bid for the RNS-E on ebay has closed his account. Thankfully because of some mix ups with his Bank details not containing the name and the address of his bank my bank would not allow me to send any money until I got these details.
He would not respond to my emails and I sent many.
After a week he closed his ebay account.
Very fishy goings on with this Pole!
But no money lost and the search goes on for another NAvi+

What was the name of the eBay seller? Would be worth others knowing in case he appears again.