EM TuningSky Insurance
    1st Gear

Status

Just got a blaupunkt need help!

Hey guys,

I just got a blaupunkt sat nav stereo.
    The audi leads go straight into the back of it, however I am unsure if the arial will as it is the same fitting but I know it is amped. If I plugged it in would it damage the unit?

Also the rears do not work even with an adapter from auto leads!!

Please help as I am limited to sat nav/ front speakers and mp3 atm.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Shakersville

Status
    You can plug the aerial in without the adapter it will not damage anything but you wont get much in the way of reception from it as the aerial amp will have no power.

Rears not working could be a number of things, the Audi amp not getting the remote trigger feed from the new head unit (most likely) or not getting the audio signal from the pre-out RCAs.

Without more information about your car or set up its a bit hard to diagnose.

1st Gear

Status
    hey it is a b5 1998 a4.
    When the arial was conected the unit got signal clearly but cut out.

Also the satnav is an arse I am tempted to send this back

Status
    The plug for the rear speaker amp should plug straight in, you don't need the Autoleads adapter. Most Blaupunkt HU's use the same mini-ISO connector for the pre-outs as the stock Audi HU.
    If this is not the case on your Blaupunkt then you will have proper RCA's coming off the back of the unit. These need to plug into the adapter then plug the other end (the long thin red plug) into the Audi loom. you'll also need to connect the remote on cable coming off the adapter to the power antenna wire coming off the HU. This switches the rear amp on/off with the HU.
    Either way you'd be much better off rewiring the rear speakers directly to the Blaupunkt rear speaker outs and bypass the mickey mouse Audi amp.

1st Gear

Status
    Right well to throw a spanner in the works the HU is a recon and does not work! So blah it is coming out and going back.

I did have it running through the fronts and it sounded good, however the satnav is irratic and the disc needs to be in when in use!!! But it would not loads addresses and the one time it would it took over 15 minutes to enter a postcode!!!!

I think I may rewire bits and I may just go for a dvd/divx headunit.