RNS-E and SD cards

murray

murray
Reaction score
I have purchased a Sandisk 4gb SD card for use with the RNS-E data card slots. I have dragged and dropped a number (about 100) of mp3 music files onto the card. When I insert this into the RNS-E I get the message "Loading card....do not remove". After 10/15mins I am still getting this message.

Is this right and I am just being impatient or am I doing something wrong? I have checked and the card is formatted as FAT 32

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Sounds like something is wring there, the SD cards should load within seconds, can you play the files on your PC??
Ian

Did you buy a SD card or SD-HC? The high capacity format SD cards are not always compatible with older machines.

The larger cards do take longer to load in the RNS-E, but only a matter of seconds. Things I would suggest:

- Put the card in the second slot, just in case there is a problem with the first.

- Reformat the card again using Windows. If you've not formatted it yourself, it may appear as FAT32 when the card was delivered but may be something else, or corrupt.

- Try a smaller SD card. To test mine I used a lowly 64MB first (actually, it's still in the second slot with an album on it).

Give that a shot and let us know how you get on.

The problem was simple in the end! As BashA3 suggested the card is a SDHC, I bought it without realising there is a difference. Normal SD cards work fine.

Thanks for the help!

No problem mate, I made the same mistake which is how I came to know about it :)