AH FabricationsBadger5
    murray

Status

RNS-E and SD cards

I have purchased a Sandisk 4gb SD card for use with the RNS-E data card slots. I have dragged and dropped a number (about 100) of mp3 music files onto the card. When I insert this into the RNS-E I get the message "Loading card....do not remove". After 10/15mins I am still getting this message.

Is this right and I am just being impatient or am I doing something wrong? I have checked and the card is formatted as FAT 32

Any advice would be much appreciated.

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Sounds like something is wring there, the SD cards should load within seconds, can you play the files on your PC??
    Ian

1st Gear

Status
    Did you buy a SD card or SD-HC? The high capacity format SD cards are not always compatible with older machines.
    Audi A3 2001 1.8T Black - Hyperboost DV, BMC Filter, Kicker 8" Sub in custom Stealth box.
    Manager of the AS fantasy football league "Super Hoops" ... come on you R's!!!

Status
    The larger cards do take longer to load in the RNS-E, but only a matter of seconds. Things I would suggest:

- Put the card in the second slot, just in case there is a problem with the first.

- Reformat the card again using Windows. If you've not formatted it yourself, it may appear as FAT32 when the card was delivered but may be something else, or corrupt.

- Try a smaller SD card. To test mine I used a lowly 64MB first (actually, it's still in the second slot with an album on it).

Give that a shot and let us know how you get on.
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

murray

Status
    The problem was simple in the end! As BashA3 suggested the card is a SDHC, I bought it without realising there is a difference. Normal SD cards work fine.

Thanks for the help!

1st Gear

Status
    No problem mate, I made the same mistake which is how I came to know about it
    Audi A3 2001 1.8T Black - Hyperboost DV, BMC Filter, Kicker 8" Sub in custom Stealth box.
    Manager of the AS fantasy football league "Super Hoops" ... come on you R's!!!

Status
    Good call Bash - will make sure that navplus.us has this info too.
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink