RMS on all 4 speakers in A3(8P)??

MiT

Work Hard, Play harder!!
Reaction score
Anybody know what the RMS is on each speaker in an A3 (8P), fronts and rear.

I want to buy an amp to power all 4 speakers and a sub.

I will be changing the stock sub, and removing the HU. Then replacing the HU with a screen that doesnt have a built in amp, hence a 5 channel amp.

At the moment just trying make a plan. Not sure on spec off amp, but need to know RMS of speakers.

Also I know that i can get the rear speaker channels from the red connecter that the standard sub+amp use, but want about the front speakers? Were can i give its audio signal. Any more cables in the back i can use, or do they get it from the front ISO?

Cheers.

Think the speakers are all 20wrms (if that).
You can't wire in a 5 channel amp and use the existing pre-out cabling. You'll need to run proper RCA's as there is no front pre-out connection in the boot.
If you're changing the HU you'd want to do this anyway as the Audi cabling is really mickey mouse, and you'll need to run a seperate RCA for the sub so you can adjust it's level from the HU.
You'll then need to run new speaker cable from the amp back to the HU in order to pick up the front speaker connections.

AndyMac said:
Think the speakers are all 20wrms (if that).

cheers

AndyMac said:
You can't wire in a 5 channel amp and use the existing pre-out cabling. You'll need to run proper RCA's as there is no front pre-out connection in the boot.

does this only apply to the front speakers?

AndyMac said:
If you're changing the HU you'd want to do this anyway as the Audi cabling is really mickey mouse, and you'll need to run a seperate RCA for the sub so you can adjust it's level from the HU.
You'll then need to run new speaker cable from the amp back to the HU in order to pick up the front speaker connections.

Makes some sence, but am still a little unclear.

In my case am installing a PC (mini-itx) in the boot. So all my audio signal will come from there.

So amp will get its source from there. Then i tought i could use the red connecter block, as its in the boot, and save me running cables, to the rear speakers.

But if you say so, i will need to run separate speakers cables from the amp to all four speakers then?

I thought:
PC (audio source) > amp > sub : 4 speakers (2 red block), 2 run some new cables to front ISO.

I was going to run some speaker cables to the ISO block and attached them to there, this way i dont have to open the door panels. Would that work?

Sorry for so many questions.
And thanks for your input. :hi:

if your going to the expense of putting an a 5 channel amplifier
then its important you get the other bits right as well or you will not see halve the capability

stock speakers should be changed for after market units (id reccomend focal ,rainbow,hertz)
sound deadening products should be used to help cancel vibrations (dynamatt,skinz,damplifier pro personally id reccomend a combination of skinz and dynamatt)
make thick wooden baffles to mount the speakers DONT USE the tinpot plastic ready made efforts THEY VIBRATE
as for the 5 channel amp if your buying brand new then have a look at the audison lrx 5 channel amp or the e range of jl audio amps

these are the things that take a normal system from good to great

You can pick up the rear speakers from the red connector, but you'll have to run speaker cable to the front ISO loom (at the HU).
you'll have to run cables from HU to PC in the boot as well, otherwise how will you control the PC?
Definately upgrade the front components, wouldn't bother with the rears. As Dualmono says, the sound is only as good as the worst component in the system i.e. the stock front speakers.

dualmono21 said:
if your going to the expense of putting an a 5 channel amplifier
then its important you get the other bits right as well or you will not see halve the capability

stock speakers should be changed for after market units (id reccomend focal ,rainbow,hertz)
sound deadening products should be used to help cancel vibrations (dynamatt,skinz,damplifier pro personally id reccomend a combination of skinz and dynamatt)
make thick wooden baffles to mount the speakers DONT USE the tinpot plastic ready made efforts THEY VIBRATE
as for the 5 channel amp if your buying brand new then have a look at the audison lrx 5 channel amp or the e range of jl audio amps

these are the things that take a normal system from good to great

Sounds good, but expensive. May think about it. May do this after i get the intiail setup.

AndyMac said:
You can pick up the rear speakers from the red connector, but you'll have to run speaker cable to the front ISO loom (at the HU).
you'll have to run cables from HU to PC in the boot as well, otherwise how will you control the PC?

PC will be controled via a 7" touch screen, this will connected via a USB. This USB will run from head unit, to PC via a USB extension lead.

AndyMac said:
Definately upgrade the front components, wouldn't bother with the rears. As Dualmono says, the sound is only as good as the worst component in the system i.e. the stock front speakers.

Will also have to look into this.

Also see my page for more info on pc, and also link in sig. :icon_thumright:

http://www.m-i-t.co.uk/carpc.html

Note: Site needs a update, as i have changed cars, and wiring diagram is wrong, as i will no longer be using a relay, or any HU, or an amp just for the sub.

Also anybody know the ohms on the stock speakers?

cheers.