Becker and Bose in 99 S3

HmanS3

Reaction score
I have recently bought a Becker Traffic Pro 7820 High Speed
with the intention of fitting this in my 1999 S3 with Bose

When i tryed to install it i had no sound and no cd changer i was told the Audi changer should be useable with the becker unit is an adapter required?

All the connections appear the same as the original audi loom

any help much appreichated

The changer isn't compatible with anything other than an Audi/Matsushita HU as far as I know.
Even thought the pre-out connector is the same a few people on here have had issues with Becker HU's not providing the trigger to turn on the Bose/Audi amp. You need to check the remote on pin on the pre-out part of the top connector is providing 12v when the unit is turned on, Unplug the top 20 pin connector, looking at the back of the HU the remote on is the middle row second pin in from the left. This should provide 12v when the HU is turned on and 0v when off.
If it doesn't then you'll need to nick a remote on from wherever the Becker has it wired to. Have a look at the Becker manual for this.

is there anyway of making the Radio station show on the DIS with a becker unit?

No, only Blaupunkt HU's work with the DIS (and they charge you £60 for the privilege), totally not worth it.

well its in and working Sound is Soo much Better thank you for all your help Andy! just need to sort out my boot floor sub enclosure now and then i can disconnect the Bose sub and enjoy the music i have connected the Sub output on the Becker up so should be able to control those levels independantly