running cables

mordz

Audi S3 (2000)
Reaction score
hi,

im running a mains feed from the battery to the boot (fat cable) the old hays manual says to gently pull off the rear side panneling (the plastic under the rear windows, like the door panneling but its not a 4 door) however on pulling from the top corner it appears to be got glued on underneath as apposed to clipped.

i dont want to pull any more as im afraid i want be able to get it back on..

can someone advise?

Thanks

I presume this is on an A3 (3 door).
For the 8L A3 remove the door sill trim first (this is easier if you remove the side panel in the footwell first. Then prise up the sill trim at the front and work your way along (it's hooked at both ends). With the sill trim removed you can work your way up the door pillar.
Open the rear window and prise up the rubber along the total length of the speaker panel. Remove the rear seat & fold the seat backs down.
Then it's just a case of brute force. The metal spring clips will be stiff, just don't lever too much on the panel as it will tear. The clips are hot glued onto the panel itself, so can easily be fixed if they do come off.

thanks Andy, Much help as usual.

i gave up as pulling from the top back (where the seatbelt is) made a ripping type noise.. my force seemed to be pulling the hot glue rather tha the metal clips.

ill have another blast tomorrow..

its on an S3 8L

Thanks

Part of the speaker panel is hooked - down by the wheelarch, so you need to release it from the bottom by the door pillar, work your way up and then along the window. From experience the clip at the back below the window is the most stubborn, so leave it till last.

Super andy, will try later.. thanks again!!