Monster MotorsportChris Nott
    Audi S3 (2000)

Status

pre made boxes/enclosures for amps etc

Hi Guys,

So i have rigged up my S3 with a Computer to replace the HU. it rocks.

Anyway i need something cool to go in the boot to screw everything to.

In the past with other cars i have just bolted the amp / cd changer etc to the boot floor etc but this time i want something i can remove easyer. i have seen the sub enclosuers and something like this would be ok but obviously dont want it soo big or to put kit inside it.

Does anyone have any suggestions where i can buy or what i should do im thinking something cheese wedge shape coverd in matching carpet. cant be arsed making one so dont suggest that (besides would look crap if i did it.)

PC is about amp size (voompc2 case) and looks like an amp just has more wires.

Thanks for help

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Any pics?

Audi S3 (2000)

Status
    Yeh will take some at the weekend - im on ver1 up front for the touch screen but underway with the DBL din console conversion for a more factory look

ill post some pics tomoz

Audi S3 (2000)

Status

Pix as requested.

here you go

Status
    You can hide the amp behind the rear speaker panel if you want a tidy boot.

Audi S3 (2000)

Status
    Hi Andy, ill have a look space wise once i take it off (its a PC not an amp)

However i doubt theres much room.. i guess the pic dont give much sense of scale. i have also tried removing the cd change and locating there as its not used but its just too big.

Status
    There's loads of room behind the rear panels once you remove the stupid foam bolsters. I've fitted plenty of large amps behind there.
    Last edited by AndyMac; 31st March 2007 at 17:21.

Audi S3 (2000)

Status
    Very usfull info..

For me im not sure how much of a pro that would be, as its not an amp its a PC and you know how reliable they are. however for security thats spot on

MiT
    Work Hard, Play harder!!

Status
    Another carpc

Any luck with the fit?
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI S-Line
    Amalfi White || Comfort Pack || Audi Sound System 10 Speakers || Interior Light Pack || Elec Lumber Support || Sat Nav || Non Smoking pack

Audi S3 (2000)

Status
    Had loads of issues with the Dash,

Started with a seperate screen, looked ****... onto a motorised single din HU. though the fit is not up to my standards and the hole in the dash is much wider.

Soooo Im under way with a double din center console conversion so i can fit a 6.5" touch screen in the dbl din cage, should look much more factory.

PC wise the its spot on, works great with the Bose setup direct from the sound card.

MiT
    Work Hard, Play harder!!

Status
    What was your orignal Audi HU?
    What mot single din HU you got? I was going to fit a non-mot single din in mine.
    What car is this all going in?

Nice to know some one else doing this?

How did you wire it all?

Did you hae the standard audi sub and amp, if so did you use it?

sorry for so many question, but not too much info out there regarding audi's and carpc's.

Thanks.
    Amalfi White || Comfort Pack || Audi Sound System 10 Speakers || Interior Light Pack || Elec Lumber Support || Sat Nav || Non Smoking pack

Audi S3 (2000)

Status

sooo many questions

Q.What was your orignal Audi HU?
    A. Concert II

Q.What mot single din HU you got? I was going to fit a non-mot single din in mine.
    A. Whats a MOT (sorry)

Q.What car is this all going in?
    A. Audi S3 (2000 Model)

Q.Nice to know some one else doing this?
    A.Yeah not many with audis.. im also writing a work log so i can make a manual. Hopefully be selling these fully fitted.

Q.How did you wire it all?
    A.Same as you would an amp+pc cables, First ran a perm live from the battery to the boot and picked up a ground from the chassis in the boot also. I have run an ignition feed, USB cable, VGA cable, RCA cable and an amp remote from the center console to the boot (all nicely hidden) works well

ignition on boots the PC, 60 sec into the boot the PC's PSU sends 12v to the factory Bose Amp to turn that on.

Q.Did you hae the standard audi sub and amp, if so did you use it?
    A.Yes the S3 I have has the Bose amplified speakers and sub, i used the RCA harnes 408 or 410 i believe and some Y splitters to send the audio from the PC to the amp

nice to share with a fellow carputer enthusiast.

Thanks.

MiT
    Work Hard, Play harder!!

Status
    Thanks mate.

Non-mot, i meant non-motorised.

Great work.

Currently am having trouble finding out how to get the cables from the battery to the boot. Seems like a lot more reading, and playing around with the car

cheers for answer.

MiT

Audi S3 (2000)

Status
    Im Using a Motorised one. its ok, its hard to see by day (all are as none have transflectiv displays yet - mp3car do one but its $550) its also noisy - mot sounds cheap.

hence the reason for an integrated unit.

Depending on what sort of current you are drawing why dont you run a perm live from the HU harness. (max 30 amp.) i have done this before. the carputer doesnt use much amps (unless your using an invertor?) in which case you need a big chunky cable from the batt.