HEAD UNIT CHANGE

HOUCH

Reaction score
Hi Peeps.,

May i first say very sorry if this is the thousand time you have read this type of posting I have had a quick look but could not find alike question, anyhoo I have a very standard concert 1 head unit 6 disc changer and sub in boot, got the chance of changing head unit for Kenwood KRC 791 it has the standard black female socket on its loom which my Audi main brown and black sockets plug into, I have worked out the the yellow wire with the blue plug on end is for cd changer but can someone please advise what the single wire going into the red socket does and what the smaller black socket with six or so wires in does (does it control rear speaker feeds?) is there a another loom I need to get rear speakers working??? as dont seem to be getting any sound from rear speakers, Also been told that there is no way that I can use my Alpine changer with Kenwood Head???
Any help very welcome cheers for help.....

The big red connector with single wire is illumination i.e. dims the HU display when you dim the instrument cluster.
The blue mini ISO is Audi changer, green is DIS feed and yellow is the pre-out input to the rear/sub amp.
The changer won't work so forget the blue one.
The DIS won't work so forget the green one.
The yellow one is the only one you need to connect to, to get the rears working.
There are 2 types of adapter.
RCA input allows you to plug the rear RCA's of your Kenwood into the yellow connector to give the feed and remote on to the rear amp. This can give you popping noises when changing CD tracks, but is the best method (apart from the popping). Autoleads PC9-404
http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_product.php?partno=PC9404
Speaker input allows you to plug the rear speaker output from the Kenwood into the yellow loom. This won't give you any popping but uses a line out converter to take the high level speaker output back down to pre-out (RCA) level, so will compromise the sound quality slightly. Autoleads PC9-401
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/audi-wiring-adaptor-speaker-input-p-1349.html