Bluetooth Problems

Badley

Reaction score
I keep finding when driving along my DIS says 'BT off' then soon after 'BT on'. It happens randomly, perhaps three times in a journey or perhaps none.

I keep my phone in the drink older just behind the handbrake. Would this be a problem with the phone or the bluetooth module in the car?

Can anyone help?

Ok, after that read I'm understanding that contacts with multiple numbers need to be categorised using either Home, Mobile or General. Surely this is onlt relevant to Bluetooth with RNS-E not Bluetooth with Symphony (which I have).

Other than that all can think in the firmware on my phone, a Nokia E50.

Thanks anyway

That's your problem, an E50. Symbian Series phones by nokia are know for problems with BT kits in Audis. I would not recommend any E or N series nokia for use in an Audi unless you have the newA6/A8 or Q7 with SAP profile phone kit.

Ok, I have ditched the E50 as it was probably the worst phone to live with. I now have a Nokia 6300, which is so much better. However Bluetooth in the car is still giving me problems, even though I specifically choose a phone without Symbian. Do you think that my Audi Bluetooth module is at fault?

Any help guys?

Have you tried it with a 'known good' handset with the Audi Bluetooth?

I had the same issue with my Sony Ericsson K800i. I found that it was to do with the last numbers I had last dialed. Clearing these records provided a stable connection, when it would drop out again I knew it was caused by the last number dialed (hope this makes sense?).

Its not just limited to your Symphony + Bluetooth setup. I had the same problem with both Symphony + Bluetooth and RNS-E + Bluetooth.

Thanks for the help mate but I don't know anyone with the K800i. I'll try removing recent call list too.

Thanks again

I also have the same problem with my K800i dropping off randomly.

Whenevr this happens I delete my recent calls list and it's then stable again for weeks.

:)