Custom A4 B5 sub box using glass fiber

billybravo

Reaction score
Website
www.topgearstockport.com
Hello all

Well i dont know if you remember my old install i was happy with it but the whole lot was very heavy and i got sick of not having a boot.

theloudist002.jpg

Well i ripped all that out and going with just one 15" this time in a custom glassfiber box to the left hand side of the boot

this is how ive been going on im still a long way off but i will update the post as i go.

The big tape up this took some time

IMAGE_117.jpg

IMAGE_119.jpg

The first of many layers of glass

IMAGE_138.jpg

IMAGE_140.jpg

IMAGE_143.jpg

IMAGE_152.jpg

IMAGE_154.jpg

IMAGE_156.jpg

well i got the front on this morning still got to gt a few more layers of glass on top and inside if i can. using fleece and it did soak up a hell of alot of resin im happy with the way things are going

heres some more pics

IMAGE_158.jpg

IMAGE_165.jpg

IMAGE_164.jpg

IMAGE_167.jpg

Well below you can see i covered the outside of the box in "milkshake"

to make the milkshake mix 1ltr of resin and a tin of car filler stick in double of mek hardener (std is 2% of hardener to the resin)

ive got to be back in work tomorrow so i will be doing bit and bats but i should be updating later on in the week

still got to put the milkshake on the inside will do this tomorrow night

IMAGE_170.jpg

IMAGE_171.jpg

IMAGE_172.jpg

IMAGE_173.jpg

today i got as far as preping the first layer of body filler ready for a fresh skim tomorrow.

to do this i used 40 grit papers and matt black to find the low and high spots of the car filler and also any curves. i trimmed the sub rings again with the router using a trim off bit.

IMAGE_174.jpg

IMAGE_176.jpg

IMAGE_177.jpg

IMAGE_178.jpg

test fitment
IMAGE_184.jpg

IMAGE_185.jpg

IMAGE_187.jpg

ive still got a long way to go but im thinking of painting it a nice gloss red or maybe covering it in red suede allicantarra as i can get a good deal on it at 25 pound a meter.

anyways thats todays work done time for a pint. :)

Well tuesday was spent sanding and sanding and sanding. i started to coat the box im high build primer today. I want to get a good few coats on to cover any little pin holes in the filler

but now the box is really taking shape :)

IMAGE_192.jpg

IMAGE_195.jpg

IMAGE_197.jpg

IMAGE_198.jpg

IMAGE_204.jpg

IMAGE_206.jpg

Fist coat of high build primer

IMAGE_207.jpg

IMAGE_211.jpg

Hiya all (PICS BELOW)

Well its done i painted the box in the end in panther black to match my dash and door trim.

Im very happy how its turned out and it sounds great.

IMAGE_213.jpg

IMAGE_218.jpg

IMAGE_226.jpg

IMAGE_227.jpg

IMAGE_228.jpg

IMAGE_229.jpg

cheers

craig

ok guys this is hard to do but im selling this box as ive gone mad with getting my car as light as i can i cought the stripping bug lol

offers on the box

the box should fit any 15" sub and is very strong with around 1.9 air space i will be sad to see it go as i miss my bass but if im ever going to get my car near a ton im not going to do it with a 15 in the boot.