Sky InsuranceBadger5
    Reverse Gear

Status

ICE Upgrade - Sub needed

Hi there,

I am finally going to bite the bullet and replace the Chorus/Bose setup in my facelift S3.

I'm going to keep it fairly simple and change the head unit to a Blaupunkt Queens MP56 head unit as this can run a hard drive and match the audi illumination colours.

I also want to upgrade the front components to a 4 ohm standard and either run these directly from the head unit (4x50w) or from a rear mounted amp (in the current Bose position).

I also want to change the Bose sub unit as this isn't great. Unfortunately I can't find details of the Andymac DIY sub upgrade as that sounds perfect for my needs.

Does anybody have a copy or know here I can find one?

Also any comments or suggestions regarding the install above would be appreciated.

Cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

s3 gone now a shiney red evo 6

Status
    hey, have a sub for sale please look on the classified, had it in my old a3 sounds very good!

Status
    I'd run the new fronts off a seperate amp. The Blaupunkt HU's only push out 25wrms per channel (only slightly more than the stock Audi HU) which I found wasn't really enough to do the fronts justice. Maybe replace the rears and run them off the HU.
    The stealth sub is a custom made 18mm MDF enclosure that replaces the tupperware sub. It houses a JL Audio 6.5" sub and is driven by a seperate amp located behind the rear speaker panel. PM me if you'd like me to email you the fitting instructions.