AUDI A6 54 PLATE NO SOUND ON PHONE

KJN

Reaction score
Hi All,
Picked up my A6 yesterday and am very pleased with it, only problem that I have is that when I use the bluetooth (SONY ERISSON K750i) all seems to be well with the exception that there is no sound incoming and outgoing through the carspeakers everything shows up o.k. on the display but nothing coming through the car speakers, any ideas before I go back to dealer , dont fancy a trip of 50 round miles to find its something stupid that I have done or not done.Sorry above is not technically put not too good in that area.Have checked bluetooth with two other phones ,same problem, have checked mute not on anywhere o.k. there, have checked voulme setting o.k. there, have deleted the pairing and reset up. Any other ideas would be very much appreciated

Many Thanks.
Ken
:confused:

Chances are you need an MMI update to 2120 to fix the phone issues.

Check your current version in the MMI, button CAR, soft buton VERSION

Many Thanks have just gone to car pressed CAR button then version and have about four different lines of info most starting with CW--- with numbers after this, is there any way in which I can see which one relates to MMI update.
Many Thanks
Ken

Hi All

Have just tried A Nokia 6230i and an old Nokia , both phones work fine so my question is do I have to do something with the actual Sony Ericsson K750i to make it compatale or is it a case of selling the Sony and Buying the Nokia appreciate some comments. Thanks
Ken

OK, what firmware is in the K750i, mine did not work very well until i had at least RA1008 firmware and my MMI version was 2120.

SW: C6-HU 6350 12.0.0 0513
HW C6-HU 6351D2.0

FC SW:04144AFC6AB320010
FC PS: 0010 FC HW: H03

This one show MMI version 12.0.0 or 1200 in an A6

Thanks,
MMI Reads;-

SW:C6-HU 6350.05.00 0413
HW C6 HU 6351 D2.0

FC SW 03501 AFC 6AB320870
FCPS 0870 FC HW 03

I am sorry but dont know how to find out what Firmware is in K 750i any help appreciated
Again Many Thanks
Ken

Well we can see for sure that your MMI is very old, as your car is a 54 plate I rather expected that. Your version is 0500 and the A6 with working TMC would be at 2120 at least.

The K750i you press the following > * < < * < * .Updates are available from SonyEricsson online.

But I know that you should update to 2120 to update all the modules in your car, I can do it and supply and new nav disk if you are interested, or try and get your dealer to do it.

Many thanks I appreciate your help very much as the car was only purchased yesterday will await the dealers call next week to see if all is ok and then I will request the updates to the MMI to be done by them, if I am not happy I have made a note of your website and will definately be in touch. Once again many thanks for your help and patience.