This is awesome!! iPod for in the car

The Slug

Reaction score
Hey guys thought u might like to know after asking on here and doing some research, i found this little beauty!
Basically its an FM Transmittor, so u plug it into ya iPod or any other MP3 player or DVD etc.. using the 3.5mm jack! So works with anything, it then transmits a radio signal in FM stereo, tune ya car radio into whatever signal frequency u desire and it plays ya iPod tunes thru ya speakers, its soo dam kool!! Beauty is u can use it anywhere, at the mo i have it playing thru stereo in the kitchen!! and check out the price too, got this from Amazon for 19.99 now at this price u cant grumble at all!!! done all the reaserch on which is the best etc.. and this seems to come out tops, must admitt it sounds really good quality!!! Just thought i'd let you guys know about it, if u didnt fancy paying over 120quid and having all the wires and stuff done in the car. So plus points

Great sound
Use it with pretty much any mp3 player/dvd player using the 3.5mm jack
Can use iPod to browse song names etc..
Not a permenant fix in car so use it anywhere that has radio receiver!

So what u guys think to my finding haha, check the link out too:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AudiaX-DGT-...5?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1173356448&sr=8-1

Iv'e had one of these thats the width and thickness of my ipod mini now for over a year!

Only downside is that they waste the battery really quickly on the ipod and are technically illegal as you are broadcasting on a FM band without a licence!

If someone was next to you in traffic and they put the station frequency you had on then they would hear your music too!

this one uses its own battery so will not drain it. And i did think that about someone else picking it up, but that just another fun excuse haha

They were made legal just before Xmas 2006..

I have a Belkin one and the quality is pants... Maybe this is a much better alternative.

Smudge973 said:
They were made legal just before Xmas 2006..

I have a Belkin one and the quality is pants... Maybe this is a much better alternative.

I wondered why I saw them in the shops being sold, amazing what apple and ipod can do eh turning laws around!!

I had to get mine from jersey when I bought it as no-one could sell them in the UK.

I bought one from ebay that plugs into the cigarette lighter and has a holder. The quality was pants so I opened it up and put a bigger aerial in - now it transmits for half a mile circumference ! Transmits on the same frequency as radio two though.
I dont use it any more as I switched to denison.

ive only noticed u get small interfernce if ur tuned into a local strong signal apart from that im pretty impressed, and maybe cuz it uses its own battery maybe the signal quality is boosted more, really good for the money tho

Auto Express did a test of several of these MP3 transmitters

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/products/205690/mp3_transmitters.html

Like the idea of the Kensington RDS FM transmitter as it displays the track name using the RDS technology - which is something the Denison & Audi adaptors won't do.

In the new Allroad, I've got a 6CD changer and a Symphony, so planning to replace Symphony (care of Criag) with RNS-E and then use SD cards in the unit, retain the CD changer and may be add this Kensington Adaptor to give me the full input choice - except I guess Cassettes!

My solution

Connects2 AUX-In Adaptor - 39 Quid ebay
Brodit Non Drill Mounts and cradle - 2 parts 30 Quid
Ipod dock to RCA Connector Lead

No FM interference and the COncert Headunit thinks its playing fromthe CDchanger