is this wiring ok?

fenian672000

Reaction score
URL=http://imageshack.us][URL="http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/1307/dsc00110om5.jpg"][URL="http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/1307/dsc00110om5.jpg"][/URL][/URL][/url]1307/dsc00110om5.jpg][/url]

ok...as i have posted earlier, i am having problems with a flat battery since i got my stereo fitted.
what my question is is this, i have an aerial amplifier fitted which going by the instructions is supposed to be wired to the back of the headunit into number five position in ISO block or connected to the blue wire already there, which is the controll output for automatic antenna/amplifier
Now what appears to have happened is the flying wire from the aerial amplifier has been connected to another block ( see picture, its the blue wire beside the drinks holder), incidently this is position five in this block aswell, but does this mean that it is switched on all the time?.

Also plz have a look at the pic below, this is the same little wire coming out of position five on th iso block at the back of the head unit,but with the amp remote attached, would it not have been better to connect both the aerial amp wire and the amp remote together to the blue wire??? would this mean that the aerial amplifier would switch on and off with the h/u external amplifierand also as you can see is there any need for the two connectors that ahs been fitted
[URL="http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/4403/dsc00111ai0.jpg"][/URL]

Well at the moment it's not getting any power at all as the crappy crimp connector has let it go, which is why you have a bare wire coming out of the other side of position 5.
No idea why they've wired it up with one feed coming straight off the HU and the other going into the power block and then out the other side.
Either way it will still turn on/off with the HU so shouldn't present a problem.
I'd connect that bare wire back up to the crimp connector, or chop the crimp off and use a proper screwed terminal block with some insulating tape round it (hate crimp connectors they're always the first things to fail especially when pulling the HU in/out). Before you put it all back in check that the 12v on that connection is turning on/off with the HU.

AndyMac said:
Well at the moment it's not getting any power at all as the crappy crimp connector has let it go, which is why you have a bare wire coming out of the other side of position 5.
No idea why they've wired it up with one feed coming straight off the HU and the other going into the power block and then out the other side.
Either way it will still turn on/off with the HU so shouldn't present a problem.
I'd connect that bare wire back up to the crimp connector, or chop the crimp off and use a proper screwed terminal block with some insulating tape round it (hate crimp connectors they're always the first things to fail especially when pulling the HU in/out). Before you put it all back in check that the 12v on that connection is turning on/off with the HU.

Andy could i just get a terminal block and connect the blue wire coming out of position 5 in the head unit to the amp remote and the aerial amplifier wire and not bother with any connectionin the power block????

AndyMac said:

what do you mean by checking the 12v on that connection is turning on off w the head unit....sorry to sound dumb but how do i do this???and what connection are you talking about, the aerial booster i take?

Yes neither connection needs to go through the power block. Pin 5 from the HU straight to the amp remote and antenna adapter.
Just buy a 12v testing screwdriver and check pin 5 is turning on/off with HU.

AndyMac said:
Yes neither connection needs to go through the power block. Pin 5 from the HU straight to the amp remote and antenna adapter.
Just buy a 12v testing screwdriver and check pin 5 is turning on/off with HU.

cheers, thanks for your help:icon_thumright: