2 ohm replacement speakers for use with Bose amp.

hooley

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=300085048764&rd=1&rd=1

Saw these and wondered if they would be applicable for running from the Bose amp in an A3 8L.

Also would they be a cost/benefit to the sound (basically are these JBL better than the original bose, or not by much?). Or would I be better off saving a few more pennies and installing a whole new amp/speaker package running from the original HU?

Just about to install an Infinity Basslink powered sub in place of the Bose sub, and just wanted some better front speakers. I listen to all sorts of music at reasonable levels and not looking for SPL, just a bit better sound.

Cheers in advance
Jas:salute:

They'd be a squeeze at 59mm depth, you only have about 60mm in total and that includes the speaker adapter. I'd wait until you do the sub, as running the cabin speakers with less bass really cleans up the sound.

the standard bose speakers are nothing at all special
even a pair of cheap aftermarket speakers will perform better than
the standard bose speakers

it is also possible to get 2 ohm impedance speakers
infinity and jbl both make 2 ohm impedance speakers which will be better than the bose set up

a home made wooden baffle made from mdf or marine ply cut out to the same shape as the plastic baffle wil also give an improvement to the lower frequencies
the plastic baffles weigh nothing and resonate at lower frequencies