Badger5JMB Retrofits
    Reverse Gear

Status

Question RNS-E dvd updated discs question?

Can anyone advise me I have a 2005 allroad with sat-nav dvd plus,the disc supplied with the car new was 8PO 919 884 C,I have been informed that the updated version comes as a double dvd set 8PO 060 884 M,can I just install the discs activating the TMC for the UK or does the RNS-E system
    need programming by a dealer ? My system already has TMC that works in the rest of Europe .

Thanks

Mike .

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Just install the first disk and let it update twice through.

Status
    Craig's right. Whatever you do though, wait for the update process to complete, even when it looks like the RNS-E is doing nothing. I thought mine had failed, so switched it off and then on again and had lots of problems with the RNS-E thinking it still needed to update.

After cutting the power and trying again (and being more patient this time), 0550 went on fine and it's been perfect ever since.
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks again for the advice I will order the discs tomorrow and install the first disc twice as surggested,presumilly it will show when the first install has completed .

Cheers again

Mike .

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mickel5
    Thanks again for the advice I will order the discs tomorrow and install the first disc twice as surggested,presumilly it will show when the first install has completed .

Cheers again

Mike .
    It will prompt you, but there is one stage where the progress bar sits still for a long time. Just be patient! The RNS-E will reboot twice, and I recall that the second time it does this, it powers off completely and you have to turn it on. Only do this if it doesn't come up within a few seconds.

Note that there's more information about this on http://www.navplus.us. Do a search for "software upgrade" there.
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink