Glovebox changer with RNS-E

terrymcg

Reaction score
Guys,

Has anyone managed to get a 6 CD glovebox changer to work in conjunction with their RNS-E? I have read various posts on navplus.us saying people have had trouble getting changers with certain part numbers to work.

So has anyone had any success in getting one of these to work? Also what is the part number of the wiring harness that goes with it?

Hope to hear some promosing reports!!!

I have fitted around 10 glovebox CD changers, never checked the part number or even cared about it, they have always workded. The only exception was ArthurFuxake's car that the CD changer would not work, bit when we swapped it with another car/RNS-E it worked fine, very strange.

A6QuattroDriver said:
Anybody know the part number required for the cable needed to fit a CD changer to an RNS-E
Terry is sure to as he's just bought one from a stealer.

I had no problem at all with my changer working with m RNS-E.

Yep, as Sinny said I have just bought one part no: 8EO 051 592.

It also comes with full instructions on where to place the pins in the cars existing loom.

Having said that, it did stop me bugging Sinny for as much info as I could!!

Terry

Is this the cable for the glovebox changer to RNS-E available from Kufatec?

Does it go straight into the unit or into the adapter conncetor?

Just asking before I go and buy it!

Edit: the part number of Changer is:8E0035111D

Cheers

yep - that looks like the one!

- I got a kufatec cable, and the left and right channels were the wrong way round, but they are pretty easy to swap over!

I still use CDs and dont have access to (and prob clueless!) about using SD cards at the moment! The changer was only £150 off Ebay anyway and fancied the wee mod of fitting it, (I bought the RNS-E of the same guy too).

Im just going to get a single din mounting tray for £4 here and hopefully it should look tidy enough in glovebox. I read somewhere that you needed to buy the proper glovebox to house the changer, so hopefully this will save me buying a new one, I think....!

Yeh got that mounting tray fitted in nae bother, have taken pics and will post as soon as! Looks quite tidy in my opinion!

Ended up getting the changer cable from Glasgow Audi, I couldnt get the pins to go into connector 1 on the car's loom for some reason where Id have preferred them, so just removed the relevant CD changer wires on the PnP adapter and fitted the CD cable connection straight onto the PnP.

Next job getting my DVD player fitted in....!