Pics of the Becker Hu installed

Randles

Reaction score
Ok first off a big thank you to AndyMac for his help with this I must have done his head in with it :respekt:

Sorry about the quality of the pictures i had to take them with my camera phone because Ive just moved and cant find my digi camera yet but as soon as I do i will get some better pictures up.

DSC00074.jpg

DSC00077.jpg

I'm chuffed to bits with the Becker its and really good HU and looks very factory the red display is a 100% perfect much with the Audi. Ive got to get a decent set of front speakers in now but the rears are good for what they are.

I can really recommend this stereo the sat nav is really good too i really like the way its build into the HU its really easy to use.

Top marks:music:

Good stuff! Looks good in the Audi.

Glad you are happy with it. Mine has been excellent - especially the NAV component!

easytease said:
welcome to the Becker lovers club :D

Well thank you:)

Its one awesome HU thats for sure and one of the main bonuses for me is it matches the Audi perfectly:cool:

Hey Bud,
Looks really good, perfect match. Im looking at getting one in the next few days but was wondering if you could answer a few questions for me.
How easy was the unit to fit? Was it just a case of removing the old unit, fitting wiring harness, and plugging in the Becker?
Did you have to use facia adapter and aerial adapter?

Also did you connect it up to the speed signal and reverse signal? If you did could you please give me a brief description as to where you got the signals from.

Thanks very much, Graham.

Jaffa said:
Hey Bud,
Looks really good, perfect match. Im looking at getting one in the next few days but was wondering if you could answer a few questions for me.
How easy was the unit to fit? Was it just a case of removing the old unit, fitting wiring harness, and plugging in the Becker?
Did you have to use facia adapter and aerial adapter?

Also did you connect it up to the speed signal and reverse signal? If you did could you please give me a brief description as to where you got the signals from.

Thanks very much, Graham.

Hi Graham.

The only thing that gave me a bit of hassle was the rear amp not coming on and only having sound coming from the front speaker. I now know what it was after much question asking on here. I just need to take the amp switch live from the becker to the audi loom and bingo sounds all round. If you do get one I can help you with that part if you get stuck.

Yes the becker does just plug in but you'll have to swap the perm live with the ingition live becasue audi put them the wrong way round. You do have to use a facia adapter but not an aerial adapter.

I belive that the reverse and speed signal are build into the audi loom that just plugs in so no hassle at all there.

If you need to know anymore please give me a shout and I'll be happy to help:icon_thumright:

buckas said:
looks great dude, colour match is perfect - i'm definately considering getting one for mine, only thing i'm not too keen on is the spacers either side

Yeah thanks it is a very good match if you what a HU to look factory then you cant go far wrong.

I dont like the spacers I have either they are not very good and have left a slight gap down the side of the stereo.

Does anyone know of any better spacers I could get?

Do Audi do them?

Hey randles,
I fitted my becker today, and I too have the same problem as you. There is no sound coming through the rear speakers.
Can you give me a bit more info on how to solve this please?
Dont know if it makes much difference but I have a 2001 A3.

Many thanks.

Just answered your other post mate sorry but Ive been away for the past few days.

Hope you've got it sorted