Monster MotorsportVolks Autos

Thread: rns-e locks ups

Neutral

Status

rns-e locks ups

my rns-e unit somtimes locks up when on mp3 mode anyone else had similar problems

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Not for me mate
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

3rd Gear

Status
    Never.

S55 LKS

Status
    It may sound a bit obvous but what exactly is happening when it locks up? More info may help some of the experts identify whats going on.
    2004 1.9TDi A4 Avant Sport, GmbH bodykit, DPM Remap, Fishscale Alu trim, RNS-E

Neutral

Status

locking up

is i select cd then source to get to the mp3 somtimes nothing happens for a while then you can press the radio button and it goes to radio but only after a min or 2

S55 LKS

Status
    I'm new to RNS-E ownership and haven't tried the card slots yet but seem to remember reading something on here about the RNS having to download the contents of the card before playing them. Though a minute or 2 does seem excessive.
    2004 1.9TDi A4 Avant Sport, GmbH bodykit, DPM Remap, Fishscale Alu trim, RNS-E

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny71
    I'm new to RNS-E ownership and haven't tried the card slots yet but seem to remember reading something on here about the RNS having to download the contents of the card before playing them. Though a minute or 2 does seem excessive.
    That's true, but I think that's only for very large cards - such as the 4GB versions - and even then, I don't think it's several minutes.

What is on the card? Is it formatted to FAT or FAT32 as well? You might have a problem with the card - try some others to see if it is any different.
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

1st Gear

Status
    yeh could be your memory cards..... i have 2x 1gb sd memory cards and sometimes it is not instant when i press the function button,, but never locks up and takes no more than 10 secs

4th Gear

Status
    Nop never had a lock up problem and I have 2 x 2gb SD cards fully loaded

Neutral

Status

sorted it

simple problem the cd/tv button was not relaseing all the way so was half on half off cleaned it and now its fine