No sound from the rear?

Randles

Reaction score
Ok I got the wiring adapter today plugged it all in but no rear sound?:keule:

Ive got a Becker HU and the original Audi wiring will plug into it but again no rear sound thats why I bought the wiring adapter.

Am I making a simple mistake here?:think:

Have you wired the blue/white flying lead on the adapter to the Power antenna or remote on connection on the Becker HU? This is needed to turn the amp on.
On your previous thread you said it was a Bose system. It definately isn't Bose if the front speakers run off the HU.

No i havent done that mate theres a blue and white cable coming from the new wiring adapter ive got but it all plugs into the back of the HU so theres nowhere to connect that cable on the HU?

Yeah Ive discovered its not the bose system now after reading some posts on here. The guy I got the car off said it was.

Can I still use the adapter Ive got if its for the bose system?

I got this one http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/audi-active-wiring-adaptor-p-2490.html

Yes, the Bose adapter is just wired for front & rear, so you'll only need to wire the rear RCA's. There must be a power antenna output on the Becker, I've never seen a HU that doesn't have one, it maybe on the Power ISO connector, but won't be going anywhere. If this is the case you'll need to either wedge the cable into this slot, or take a pin out of a spare connector and use this. You will find that you'll also need to fade to rear to get the balance right as the Becker has a bigger output than the stock HU so the fronts will be much louder than the rears.
The picture of the adapter on that link is wrong by the way as that's showing the speaker input adapter, I take it the adapter you have doesn't look like that pic.

Sorted!

I'll use the one Ive got then. Yes it is different to the one in the picture it has two rca's coming from it but where do I plug the rear rca lead? It doesnt look like I can plug it in anywhere only into the bit for the shuttle?

I'll have another look when I finish work tomorrow and let you know how I get on.

Thanks Andy top man:salute:

You plug the long red connector into the Audi loom and the rear RCA's into the rear RCA lead from the HU, presuming the Becker has a rear pre-out lead.

No the becker doest have any pre outs and theres none in the car apart from the ones going to the cd changer unit.

Here's some pictures of inside the car and the rear of the becker stereo.

The rear of the becker

Your concert does have pre-outs they are just on a non standard connector, not RCA's - which is why you have to use the adaptor when fitting an aftermarket HU.
Regarding the Becker then according to the spec it has pre-outs as well, both front and rear and an adjustable sub. Thought it would as Becker are a really decent brand.
AUDIO
Sound control: source-separated treble/base control, adjustable balance and fader, loudness
Music output 4 x 30 watts
RMS output 4 x 18 watts
Pre-out 4 channels plus subwoofer/centre speaker (adjustable).
Looking more closely at the pics, the Becker actually uses the same non-standard mini-ISO connector that the original Audi unit & Blaupunkt units use, so you don't actually need the adapter at all. Just plug the Audi connector into the the long thin socket at the top and away you go. The problem you will face is with the iPOD connection which uses a different part of the same connector i.e. the CD changer input part. Can't see from the photo's what connector the iPOD adapter gives you, but I imagine it's the same as the RCA adapter you already have, just with the other end wired, and nothing in the other 2 sections?
If this is the case you'll need to extract the pins from the Audi socket (the ones going to your CD changer lead) and insert the pins from the iPOD adapter.
Can you post a pic of the IPOD adapter lead, I know it probably has RCA's on it, but is there anything else?

When I tried to plug the audi wiring in it powered up and played sound through the front speakers only, thats why I got the adapter.

I really dont think this becker has pre outs unless Im missing a connector for the back with pre outs on?

Im not sure what you mean about the ipod adapter?

Would it just all be easier if I wire new leads from the HU into the back doors?

Im at my wits end with this now:keule:

Another thing on the back of the concert stereo there 4 plugs going to the back of it but on the becker there are 3 so I have one spare coming from the cars loom.

I'll put the becker in and take some more pictures of it to show you what I mean.

Thanks for your patience Andy its much appreciated mate :friends:

Ok Ive taken some more pics of the becker plugged in with out the adapter I got.

There's two pics of it with the cd chnger unit still plugged in and two without.

The stereo will come on with both methiods but no rear sound with either.

With the CD changer unit

Without the CD changer unit

The red plug above is the one that cant go anywhere there's no where to plug this one into?

Would getting the other adapter for the non bose solve these issues?

With either configuration you should get Rear sound. Fade to rear and you'll hear it, but it will be faint compared to the fronts.
The Red plug is redundant as it is purely for handsfree kit muting HU.

No there's no sound from the rear speakers not even a little bit with it faded all the way to the rear. Ive turned the volume up full and all i could hear was a tiny but of sound coming from the fronts?

Ok Ive just tested the becker stereo just in case the rear outputs were blown but it working fine I tested it with the becker loom and an old speaker I had so theres nothing wrong with the stereo.

Where do I go from here?

You need to check that the Becker is sending a 12v trigger to the rear amp. Sounds like the rear amp is not being switched on as you should at least get hiss from the rears if the amp was working.
Check the remote on pin on the Audi loom (with it plugged into the Becker). It's the middle row 2nd pin in from the left looking at the back of the HU.
The other outside possibility is you may have blown the fuse to the rear amp, so check the amp is still working with the Audi HU if you haven't already done so.

Ok Andy will check that today and let you know how i get on.

When I put the audi HU back in I get sound from the rears fine it must be the remote on as you said.

Wish me luck:wacko:

SUCCESS:yahoo:

Got it working it was the remote on from the Becker I changed it and tapped into the amp feed in to Audi loom and got sound from the rears all in and working. I also changed the ignition live with the permanent live so I dont lose the settings on the stereo when I turn the ignition off.

Again thanks for your help Andy I would have never done it without you:respekt:

I'll get some pictures up when it gets a bit darker to show what it looks like as requested:thumbsup: