Badger5Chris Nott
    S55 LKS

Status

RNS-E installed...HELP..!!!!

Ok. I have plodded on and converted my car from sinle to duel din and installed RNS-E. All installed ok and all was going well.

Not being familiar with the system I started having a bit play and its now playing up. I have a mute symbol showing at the bottom of the screen which disappears every so often momentarily but comes straight back on. I cant get any sound from the radio or CD, although Sat Nav is ok.

The Red DIS keeps flashing between PHONE and the radio station. I dont have a phone installed though the previous owner must have done as there is a Sony Ericsson box of some sort behind the cente console.

Now that I have swapped out my previous Concert HU I dont have any music and its really going to do my head in I'm sure.

When testing the RNS-E a few days ago the mute symbol was showing after a while although I didn't have the ignition on so didn't notice the PHONE flashing.

Any idea's????
    2004 1.9TDi A4 Avant Sport, GmbH bodykit, DPM Remap, Fishscale Alu trim, RNS-E

2. # ADS
    ADS

S55 LKS

Status
    Following on from the above, it seems because the damn thing thinks there is a phone connected (though RNS says no phone installed), the system is staying on as I can hear noise through the speakers.

I have coded it in VAG-COM but this error was occurring before I had done that and thee recode didn't solve it.

????????

Status
    The only thing I can think of is that your adapter is wired incorrectly. The phone mute lead must have a current going through it, which is why the RNS-E constantly goes into mute mode.

I'm not sure about how to modify an adapter or what all the PINs do, but look up http://www.navplus.us and look in the "Schemas & Diagrams" section. It may just be as easy to do a search or create a post on there too.
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

S55 LKS

Status
    Cheers mate, I'll look into that. I'm concerned about the Sony Ericsson box of tricks so I think I'll disconnect that lot tomorrow. Had to remove the fuse while its parked up though as I'm sure its keeping the RNS-E on and I dont much want a flat battery.

And I'll no doubt spend all night reading NavPlus.

S55 LKS

Status
    Job done.......fingers crossed anyway.

Manage to dig up some info on Navplus.us where craigyb was mentioning some adapters having 2 mute wires. Disconnected one of those heading to pin 8 on the pwer connector and all seemed good for the 10 mins worth of testing I did on it.