Sky InsuranceBadger5

Thread: radio code

Reverse Gear

Status

radio code

Hi everyone, can anyone help? need a radio code for an Audi Sat Nav Plus. Audi cant help because the original unit was replaced in the car and the replacement dosent have the serial no sticker on it. any help would be great i have serial number and chasis number of the car
    Last edited by connectms; 17th February 2007 at 11:50.

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Who replaced it Audi or you?

Status
    I'd say you were pretty screwed in that case. You may have to resort to the dodgy backstreet unlocking people.

S55 LKS

Status
    Most of the dodgy backstreet unlocking places still need the serial no. Or thats been my experience with previous non Audi cars anyway.
    2004 1.9TDi A4 Avant Sport, GmbH bodykit, DPM Remap, Fishscale Alu trim, RNS-E

Status
    Try putting a post on http://www.navplus.us. You're certain to get a definitive answer there, or someone may be able to help.
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

6th Gear

Status
    Only way I know of is plugging it into a car of the same type and year it came from then plugging car into vagcom which will then show part number and serial number.
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I have the chasis number and serial number of the unit but audi dealer here isnt one bit helpful as the car wasnt purchased from them. So not sure now what to do?

Reverse Gear

Status

sat nav radio code

Got serial number and chasis number of the car and sat nav unit but audi dealer not helpful as car not purchased from them. Anyone know of were i can or might get the unit code?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by connectms
    Got serial number and chasis number of the car and sat nav unit but audi dealer not helpful as car not purchased from them. Anyone know of were i can or might get the unit code?
    Could be worth trying another Audi dealer, or maybe even getting in touch with Audi UK directly. I'm totally guessing here, but they may have access to the codes from a factory database, based on the chassis number and serial number. Worth a try!
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

2nd Gear

Status
    the auz code number is in the control unit which can be seen by vag com and the vas 5051 etc... however it is etched inot the side of the radio metal casing, sounds like you might have got someone who does not know what he is doing , if you have vag com then if you go into read measure valve blocks and look at all the blocks above 75 - 100 you will find the number in the control unit, where abouts do you live??