TMC Problems (RNS-E) A4 Quattro2.0T S-line SE

dazreader

Reaction score
Can anyone help, I've just had my RNS-E upgraded to recieve TMC announcements, unfortunately i've not had any in a week of having it, i've driven through loads of road works but never had any warnings , the signal seems to go on and off, but never seems to stay on for very long.
Is it because i live in the North West and the reception is poor, a friend of mine came round to the house to set it up for me, and everything is set correctly,we got back in his car and on his Pioneer system he had 60 odd TMC messages, i have none!!!!

dazreader:sadlike: :sadlike: :sadlike:

Did it take the upgrade OK? Check the version. Try rebooting by holding RADIO + SETUP.

Is the TMC symbol lit or crossed out?

I Persume Audi have upgraded it correctly, the TMC symbol fluctuates from crossed out and then on (lights green on the dash) Do you know what version it should be?

The only software version that supports TMC is 0550 which, by the sounds of it, is the only one the Audi dealer would have upgraded if it was done recently.

TMC messages are delivered through RDS. What's your radio reception like? Is the aerial damaged? And do you get travel reports too (TP)? If these are all bad, then I'd guess the TMC signal would be poor too.

Yes i get loads of T.P. announcements ,my radio strength is excellent.I wonder if it's got anything to do with trafficmaster

Not sure if this helps. I have asat nav with TMC module and so far it has been next to useless as only a very limited coverage is available in the UK.

Im in hampshire and regularly drive from bristol to norht of london and get nothing. I have tried the tuning options etc and get nothing.

I believe the system is still on trial and has been for about 10 years.

If any one can help as there seems to be little on the web about TMC in the UK other than the RDS stuff.

I'm just glad i did not pay for the TMC unit as so far its a complete waste of money.